lights & cuddles

working on y'all's requests! if y'all have any holiday requests comment them here! :-)

"My sweet man," Mark mumbles, when he sees Scott asleep in bed. "Hi, angel. Wake up." He gently shakes him.

"Marky?" Scott sits up quickly, startled. "Sorry. I guess I fell asleep."

"It's alright, sweetheart." Mark smiles. "Do you still want to go look at christmas lights?"

Scott smiles. "Yeah!"

"You're so cute," Mark says, grabbing Scott's hand. "Come on, they're all around the neighborhood."

Scott yawns, Mark chuckles at the sleepy boy, then Scott nods. "Okay. I'm ready."

Before they leave the house, Mark grabs the two travel mugs he'd set out a few minutes before.

"What's in here?" Scott asks.

Mark takes a sip, then kisses Scott sweetly.

"Hot Chocolate," Scott answers his own question. "You taste sweet like cocoa."

Mark leans in and kisses Scott again, and when Mark pulls away, Scott is certain.

"Yep. Cocoa and marshmallows."

Mark smiles and nods. "There's a bit of peppermint in there too."

"Can we go now?" Scott asks, excited.

"Sure," Mark chuckles, putting on his jacket. Scott puts on his own, and they're leaving the house.

Scott grabs Mark's hand as they walk, admiring the lights and sipping their hot chocolate.

"Marky, look at this one," Scott says, and Mark looks.

"It's so pretty," Scott says

"It's so pretty," Scott says. "I love how they lit up the lawn, too."

"When we start our family, we'll do it this way," Mark says, when he sees kids come out of the house. "Or better."

"We'll totally be better," Scott says, and they both laugh.

"Can I get a picture of you by this house?" Mark asks. "Since you liked it?"

"You don't wanna be in it?" Scott asks.

"I'll be in a different one," Mark promises. He steps back and sets up his phone to take a picture. "Smile, baby," he says.

Scott smiles, hears the click, and immediately stops a woman passing by.

"Hi! Could you take a picture of me and my boyfriend, please?" Scott asks.

"Oh, sure!" The woman says.

Scott gives her his phone, and invites Mark to be in the photo. Scott hugs Mark's waist with both arms from the side, resting his cheek against Mark's cheek, a big smile on his face. Mark wraps an arm around Scott's waist, and as the woman is counting down, at the very last second, he kisses Scott's cheek. Scott giggles as a result of Mark kissing him, and the picture is taken.

"Aww! You two make a lovely couple. Let me take one more, horizontal this time."

They take another one, Mark kissing Scott's cheek again, and the woman gives Scott his phone back.

"Thank you! Merry Christmas!" Mark says. He looks at Scott's phone. "Oh my god, baby, you're so cute! Look at you giggling."

Scott blushes. "I just...love you. A lot."

"I love you too," Mark smiles, kissing Scott's temple, and then they're walking again. "I love you so much."
Mark adds, and Scott giggles again.

"Baby, look at this house!" Mark says.

About 30 minutes pass and they're back home, getting ready to put on a movie by the fire before going to bed.

"Baby!" Mark yells. "Come cuddle with me, I'm cold!"

"Hold on!" Scott yells, running to the living room. "Sorry, I was changing into something more comfortable—" He cuts himself off, "Baby? What's this setup?"

"I thought we could cuddle by the tree and the fireplace," Mark says. "There's a bunch of pillows and blankets so we can be comfortable."

"This looks perfect, Marky," Scott smiles. He gets under the blankets, settling against Mark.

"Comfy?"

"Mhm," Scott hums, and Mark kisses his forehead.

"Do you want to watch The Santa Clause or Elf?"

Scott ponders. "The Santa Clause."

Mark turns on the TV, and Scott snuggles closer. "I love you, Marky."

Mark smiles. "I love you too, sweetheart."

"I can't wait to spend every Christmas with you." Scott says.

Mark's heart swells. "Baby, that's sweet of you to say."

"It's true," Scott giggles. "I love you more every day."

Mark kisses Scott's hair. "I love you so much, Scotty."

About 30 minutes pass, and Scott is asleep. Mark turns off the TV, and pulls Scott closer, falling asleep soon after.