new year's eve

Mark is curled up next to Scott, contentedly watching a movie.

"You still awake over there, baby?" Scott asks.

"Yeah," Mark breathes. "How much longer?"

"90 seconds," Scott says.

Mark cuddles closer to Scott, perfectly happy to be here with him and only him. 2020 may have brought isolation, but it also brought Scott and Mark closer.

"I can't kiss you if you're laying down there," Scott says.

"Then lay down with me," Mark says.

Scott rolls his eyes but lays down next to Mark anyways. "10 seconds."

Mark smiles. They start counting down at "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," and Scott leans in to kiss Mark sweetly.

When they pull apart, there's a blush on Mark's cheeks. "Happy New Year, baby."

Scott smiles. "Happy New Year, angel."

Mark leans in to kiss Scott again. "Another year with you."

Scott shakes his head. "The rest of a lifetime with you."

"You cheesy shit," Mark giggles.

Scott leans in to kiss Mark's forehead. "I love you. I hope you're my New Year's kiss forever."

Mark nods. "I will be. I love you too, Scotty."

Mark shifts so that his face is tucked into Scott's neck, he has a leg thrown over Scott's legs, and his arm is on Scott's chest, and Scott chuckles.

"What?" Mark mumbles.

"You're the cutest thing," Scott says.

Mark places a kiss on Scott's neck. "Will you just talk to me, Scotty? Wanna just hear your voice."

"Sure, sweetheart." Scott goes on to talk about his new years resolutions, pentatonix, acapop, his podcast, and the musical he's writing.

Mark closes his eyes and his breath evens out with the vibrations and sound of Scott's voice. When Scott notices he's fallen asleep, he just smiles, and falls asleep too.