rings

if you haven't read the people article, definitely do it. 😭 ❤️ this is based off of something mentioned in that.

-

It's Christmas time, and Scott and Mark are in NYC.

"Ready, sweetheart?" Scott asks. "Do you want to get hot chocolates on the way?"

Mark smiles. "That sounds perfect, Scotty."

Scott grabs Mark's hand, leaning in to kiss Mark's cheek. "Let's go."

Rockefeller Center isn't a far walk. But, as promised, they stop at a hot chocolate stand before going to look at the tree.

Once they have their hot chocolates, they finish their walk to the tree.

Mark finds a bench for them to sit on, and laces his fingers with Scott's, holding (and sipping) his hot chocolate with his other hand.

Scott leans his head on Mark's shoulder, and Mark giggles, happy.

"What?" Scott asks.

Mark lets out a content sigh. "Nothing, beautiful. I'm just really happy with the state of the world at the current moment."

"Me too," Scott says. "I know this sounds cheesy, but, I love being in love with you. I love loving you. It's my favorite thing I've ever done." He sits up, turning to face Mark so he can get a better look at him. "I've never in all of my life felt so at home with a person."

Mark nods in agreement, his eyes watering. "Me neither," He admits. "Like, yes. I love you. I love you so much. But you're also my home, Scotty."

Scott nods. "You get it," he smiles sweetly at Mark. "Can I kiss you? Is that okay? I know we're out in public."

"You don't have to ask," Mark giggles. "Just kiss me," he says, and Scott is setting his hot chocolate down, leaning in, and cupping Mark's cheeks to press their lips together.

Mark is still giggling when they pull apart.

"You're so cute," Scott says, leaning in for a quick peck.

"I just love you. I love Christmas, I love spending the holiday with you."

As Scott reaches down to get his hot chocolate he'd set down a moment ago, his eyes flicker to something. He shakes it off before sitting back up, taking another sip.

"What was that?" Mark asks.

"What was what?"

"You saw something."

Scott lets out a nervous breath. "Oh, uh, I just saw the lights. They're really beautiful."

Mark raises an eyebrow at Scott.

"Fine!" Using his free hand, he grabs Mark's free hand. "Let me take you."

A few minutes later, they're in front of the Cartier store.

"Jewelry?" Mark asks, confused.

"Not just any jewelry," Scott mentions, bringing Mark in.

Mark slowly realizes what's happening. It comes together right when Scott walks him over to the section labeled engagement rings.

"Scotty?" Mark asks.

Scott just wraps an arm around Mark's waist, kisses his temple. "This isn't...right this very second. I still have to plan it. But...what ring would you want?" Scott asks shyly.

Mark lets out a shaky breath. "You're serious?"

Scott nods, kissing Mark's cheek this time. "If you'll have me."

Mark's eyes start to well up with tears. "Of course I'll have you, angel."

"Hi, how can I help you gentlemen today?"

"We're looking for engagement rings," Scott responds sweetly. "We're not engaged yet but I wanted Mark here to be able to pick out his own ring."

"That's so sweet! Happens all the time," the worker smiles.

Scott and Mark decide on matching gold bands with diamonds.

As soon as they're out of the store, Mark is emotional.

"Scotty?" He lets a tear fall.

"Look at me, sweetheart."

Mark gazes at Scott. He feels love. Adoration.

He feels that feeling of home.

"I'm in this forever with you, Mark. I hope you know that."

Mark nods, more tears falling. "I am too, Scotty. I'm sorry for getting emotional. You really caught me by surprise."

"That's okay. I'm sure I did." Scott says. "I'll go ahead and tell you I won't do it anytime this holiday season, but definitely next year. I love you, Marky."

Mark wipes his tears away. He's still a mess. "I love you too, Scotty. I can't believe I get to spend forever with you."

"I just thought we could get that part out of the way," Scott teases.

Mark laughs. "Best Christmas present ever."

Scott laughs. "That wasn't even your present!"