our little family (scomark)

Mark adjusts the last present under the tree. He takes a step back and smiles.

"All done?" Scott asks, wrapping his arms around Mark from behind.

"Mhm," Mark leans back into Scott. "Looks perfect. Did you eat Santa's cookies?"

"Mhm," Scott wraps his arms a bit tighter, placing his chin on Mark's shoulder, and closing his eyes for a moment. "We did it once again."

"She'll be so excited." Mark says.

"Christmas is her favorite day," Scott says. "It's mine too."

"Mine as well," Mark says. He steps away from Scott and peers into the bedroom where the 3 & 1/2 year old girl is sleeping. "She's so perfect."

Scott places a hand on Mark's back to let him know he's behind him. "Our little girl."

Mark smiles, turns his head to the side so he can look at Scott, and leans in to kiss him. "Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas, my love. We should go to bed. I have a feeling we'll be awake early."

Mark nods in agreement, and they walk to their bedroom.

Once they're laying in bed, they're a mess of tangled limbs.

"I love you." Mark says, placing a kiss to Scott's collarbone.

"I love you too," Scott says. "Merry Christmas, angel."

"Papa! Daddy! Santa came!"

They both can't help but smile as they wake up, even if it is 6:30am on a day off of work.

"Are you sure?" Mark teases.

"Yeah! There are so many presents!"

"You must've been really good this year, then!" Scott says.

"Can we go open them? Please?"

Scott chuckles and they all get out of bed.

"Hang on, babe," Mark says.

"What, sweetheart, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to give you one of your presents before we head out there."

"Okay," Scott says, confused.

Mark hands Scott a small red box with a green bow on top.

Scott takes the top off of the box, and his breath hitches. "Really?" He asks.

Mark nods, a huge grin on his face.

"I, oh my god," Scott laughs, tears in his eyes. "Oh my god!"

Mark giggles as Scott reacts.

Scott looks down again at the box, softening when he sees the positive pregnancy test. "Our little family," he says.

"Our perfect family," Mark adds.

"Daddy! Papa!" The giggling girl comes into their room. "Come on! Santa brought me a bike!"

"He did?" Scott asks. "Let's go see what else he brought you."