skate (scomiche)

"Scotty, where are we going?" Mitch asks.

Scott grabs Mitch's hand and kisses his knuckles, his other hand on the steering wheel. "You'll see, baby."

After about thirty minutes of driving, they pull up to a roller skating rink.

"Scotty?" Mitch asks, "You know that I don't know how to skate." He pouts.

"I'll catch you if you fall, baby." Scott says, opening Mitch's door for him.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Let's find out."

Once they put on their skates, Scott takes Mitch's hand and leads him to the floor.

"Scotty, I'm not sure about this," Mitch says, worry on his features.

"Baby," Scott looks at Mitch, "Please try? For me?"

Mitch sighs and carefully steps into the floor, because he can't say no to the pure fondness that took over Scott's face just now.

"Alright," Scott says, leading the way, "It's kind of like walking. One foot in front of the other."

"I'm not ready to leave this wall."

Scott laughs, and leaves the wall.

"Scotty! That isn't funny!" Mitch whines, watching Scott do a lap around the rink. "Come back here!"

"I'm here, I'm here," Scott says, grabbing Mitch's hand when he makes it to the wall.

"Help me," Mitch says, biting his lip.

Scott takes Mitch's hand, and shows him step by step how to get across the floor. It takes a few minutes, but Mitch eventually gets the hang of it.

Scott lets go of Mitch's hand and watches as Mitch does a lap around the rink.

"You're doing so good, baby!" Scott says, as Mitch approaches him. Mitch stops against the wall that Scott is leaning against, and gives him a quick kiss.

"Thanks, Scotty."

They skate on and off for a few hours, and Mitch doesn't fall once.

"Who'd've thought that I'd ever roller skate?" Mitch asks, looking at Scott as they skate across the rink.

"Me," Scott says, "I knew you could do it. It just takes a little practice. And now look at you! You're doing it like a pro."