dancin' (scomiche)

1940's-50's scomiche having to keep secret

requests are in the works! leave more if you'd like!

I don't understand why people think this is so bad.

I love him and he loves me, how is that any different from my mama and papa loving each other? Because he's a boy? Why does that matter?

Mama and Papa are gone to the city for the weekend so I invited Mitch over to spend the night tonight and tomorrow night.

Mitch has been my best friend since we were toddlers. I always knew I loved him, but it wasn't until we were drunk sophomore year when he kissed me that we did anything about it.

He comes out of the bathroom, looking cute in his pajamas.

"Hey, honey," he says, "I'm ready for bed if you are, but I wanna do somethin' first." He walks up to me, wraps his arms around my waist and leans his head on my chest.

"What's that, Mitchy?" I look down and place a kiss at the top of his head.

"Will you dance with me?" Mitch asks. "I just, I heard a song when we were on the square earlier, and I felt like dancin', but we couldn't. If you don't want to, it's okay," he blushes, backing away from the idea.

I grab his hand and walk over to the record player, turning on some music.

He places his hands on my shoulders and I place mine around his waist and we start to sway to the beat.

Mitchy's smiling from ear to ear, and I am too. Dancing with him is easily one of my favorite things to do. I get to admire him and tell him I love him and things like that, with some music playing in the background, it brings us to our own little world.

"I love you," I tell him, "I love you so much, Mitchy."

He smiles even bigger at me. "I love you too, Scott," he says, "Thank you for dancing with me."

"I'll always dance with you," I say, "Just like I'll always care for you and love you, and wish that the world could see that I love you."

"I wish we didn't have to hide," he says. "I love you so much. I wanna marry you but laws are against it."

I nod in agreement. The song ends. A new one starts and we keep dancing. I lean down and kiss him with all of the love I have for him in the world and when we pull apart he's smiling again.

"I don't want your parents to come back," he says, "I wish every night could be like this."

"I know," I say, "Maybe we can get a house together once we graduate. I'll dance with you every single night before we go to bed, even if I don't feel like it."

" 'nd I'll kiss your pillow every day so that way even if I'm not there, you'll feel my love when you go to sleep."

"At christmas time we can bake some sweets for the kids of the neighborhood together," I say, "And at new year's I'll make sure I'm able to kiss you at midnight."

"When it gets cold we'll hold onto each other, just like we did the last time your parents were gone. I was so warm, baby. You kept me warm. You make me so happy."

I smile and so does he. The second song ends and we head to the bedroom.

"I'll always keep you warm," I say, taking him into my arms. "I love you, sweetheart. Goodnight."

"I love you too, Scott. Happy sleeps."