sing for me (scomiche)

scott's never heard mitch sing. mitch doesn't want him to.

~

"How was class today?" Scott smiled.

"Ugh. Dr. Altman is crazy, I swear." Mitch said, "He said not to use vibrato, even though I wasn't using any in the first place."

"That's weird," Scott said, "why can't you use vibrato?"

"It's not that kind of song."

"Got it," Scott said, wrapping his arm around Mitch, bringing him closer, and planting a kiss on his lips, "When's your show? I know you don't want me to hear you sing, but I want to be there and be a supportive boyfriend and hear you sing." A kiss to his temple. "I understand that you're nervous for me to hear it. But you could go up there and sound like a dying cat and I would still love it."

Mitch sighed.

"It's on the 26th through the 29th. At the Bailey theatre."

"You actually want me to come?" Scott sat up.

Mitch nodded, giggling when Scott kissed him again, a big smile plastered on his face.

"I'll be there." Scott smiled.

~

And then it's opening night of his performance and Mitch was more than nervous.

His phone vibrated.

scotty💕: walk out into the hall

He smiled.

kissy boy❤️: you know that's off limits for the audience?

scotty💕: i know :)

Mitch walked out into the hall, and there was Scott, sitting against the wall.

Mitch sat next to him.

"Nervous?" Scott asked, wrapping an arm around Mitch's shoulders.

"That's an understatement." Mitch said, relaxing in Scott's touch.

"Is it because I'm here?"

"A little bit," Mitch said, "but I want you to be here. I can't keep hiding from you forever."

Scott chuckled.

Mitch looked at the clock.

"I have 10 minutes until places. I'm sorry to kick you out." He said.

"Well, good luck." Scott said.

"Oh my god, that's literally bad luck." Mitch laughed. "You say 'Break a Leg!'"

"I'm sorry," Scott laughed, "Break a leg, I love you," he kissed Mitch.

"I love you too," Mitch smiled, as he walked into his dressing room.

Three hours and a near perfect performance later, Mitch was leaving the dressing room to say hello to the audience before they left.

And then Scott found him, and there were kisses and flowers and more praise than he'd ever received.

"Mitch, that was fucking incredible! Where the hell did that come from?"

"I don't know, lots of practice." Mitch giggled.

"That was angelic, Mitch," a kiss to his lips, "I didn't know people could sing like that."

"I love you," Mitch said, "thank you for coming, and giving me lots of praise I don't deserve,"

"Are you kidding me? I haven't given you enough."

"Scotty," Mitch blushed.

"I love you too, princess," Scott hugged him tightly.