the parent trap (part 2)

Scott is in his home studio, listening to the progress on his project in his headphones when he sees Mark walk into the room.

"Hi, sweetheart," Scott says, taking his headphones off his ears and resting them around his neck instead. "How was your run?"

"Good. Are you writing another song?"

"Kind of. Yes, but not for release." Scott explains.

"What's it about?" Mark asks.

"Us," Scott smiles.

"Baby, another one?" Mark pouts.

"Remember the other night when you showed me that movie and we fell asleep?" Scott asks. "That felt like a storybook so I wrote a song about it. Well...kind of wrote one. Part of it is...stolen."

"Stolen how?"

Scott disconnects his laptop from his headphones, and plays the backup he'd created. "C'mere." He says, and Mark steps closer. Scott grabs Mark's hand before he starts singing.

i don't wanna go out
i know it's friday night
but let's stay inside
tell me is that alright?

Scott lifts their joint hands above Mark's head, and Mark spins as Scott sings the next part.

we can stay on the couch
what's the movie from the past
that makes you laugh
i think it's the parent trap
if they ask us our plans we'll say we found some
but it ain't a lie

Mark giggles as Scott maneuvers them both to dance during the next portion.

we're busy falling asleep to the sounds of
this will be
an everlasting love
this will be
the one i've waited for
this will be
the first time anyone has loved me

Mark chuckles, tears in his eyes. "Every time I think you've outdone yourself and then you do something like this," he says, a tear falling.

"Oh, sweetheart," Scott says, kissing Mark's forehead. "I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Shut up," Mark wipes his tears away. "You just blow my mind, sometimes. You amaze me, sweetheart."

Scott kisses Mark's forehead, and Mark smiles at Scott.

"My love," Scott mumbles. "You make writing love songs so easy." He chuckles.

"I do?" Mark blushes.

"I mean I came up with that song in what, 30 minutes?"

Mark giggles. "Really?"

"Having you in my life really does make songwriting easier. I mean, how many songs have I written about you?"

"Too many," Mark blushes, tucking his face under Scott's chin. "I didn't ask for this," he says, muffled in Scott's shirt.

"You started dating a songwriter. You most definitely asked for this," Scott mentions.

Mark kisses Scott's shirt before taking a step back to look at him. "I love you." He says. "You make my days better with stuff like this."

Scott leans in, presses a kiss to Mark's lips. "I love you too."