out (scomiche)

It's the first day of the second leg of tour, and their show has just ended.

Everyone's adrenaline is up, and their blood is pumping.

"That was so good," Matt says, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Oh my god, I love performing," Kevin says. "You guys, that was amazing."

"Wow," Scott says, taking his mic off, "We perform so much, but somehow I'm still amazed at how good it feels after," he smiles.

"You did so good, baby," Mitch says, and Scott wraps his arms around Mitch's waist.

"Me? Angel, you were incredible," Scott says, and Mitch blushes. He leans down and kisses Mitch quickly. "I couldn't stop staring at you the whole time."

Mitch laughs. "Scotty, the fans will find out."

"I know, I know, I need to stop."

"Alright guys, that was a really fucking great performance, but I think we should get changed," Kirstie suggests.

"Agreed," Mitch says.

They all make their way to their dressing rooms so they can get changed.

Scott closes the door behind him and Mitch. "Mitchy, would it really be the worst thing in the world for the fans to find out?"

Mitch stops in his tracks. "What?"

Scott shrugs. "About us. I don't know, it was a stupid idea."

"No, honey, don't call your ideas stupid," Mitch says, "Why do you want to tell them?"

"I wanna show you off in public," Scott smiles, "I want to kiss you, and hold you, and show the world how much I love you. And then we can stop worrying about it."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Mitch asks, "What if people don't support us?"

"Of course there will be a few people who don't support us," Scott says, walking closer to Mitch, "But do we really care about them? I love you, and I just don't want to hide it anymore."

Mitch nods. "Okay." He says. "How do we go about this?"

Scott opens his eyes slowly and adjusts to the light. He smiles when he sees the sleeping boy next to him, and turns so he's facing him.

He starts placing soft kisses all over, his forehead, cheek, nose, jaw, shoulder.

Mitch starts to stir with all of the touch, and opens his eyes.

"Morning," he mumbles, and Scott laughs.

"Morning, sweetheart," Scott says fondly, running his thumb along Mitch's cheek.

"Did you check?" Mitch asks.

"Check what?" Scott furrows his brows.

"The post from last night," Mitch says.

"Oh, no, not yet. I forgot about that." Scott grabs his phone, opens instagram, and goes to his profile. He clicks on the picture he posted last night before they went to bed.

It's a picture of them that they had taken the day they performed at Madison Square Garden, just a few hours before they had performed. They're standing on the stage, Mitch's arms around Scott's neck and Scott's arms around Mitch's waist, and their lips locked in a kiss. The empty audience chairs are in the background.

They had wanted to take this photo just for them, but now they're glad that they had it.

The caption read, i'm so happy i get to do what i love with you every single day. here's to another leg of tour with you by my side. i love you. @mitchgrassi

Scott looks through the comments. "To be quite honest, they're freaking out," he laughs, "They're all supportive."

"Do you think I should post something?" Mitch asks.

"Only if you want to," Scott says, "Whatever you see fit."

"I want to," Mitch says, sitting up to grab his phone. He knows what picture he wants to use, and he finds it.

It's a picture Kirstin had sneakily taken, but now Mitch is glad that she did. Scott and Mitch were on a couch, watching something on Scott's phone. There's a blanket covering both of their laps, Mitch is leaning into Scott, and Scott has one arm wrapped around Mitch. They're both smiling softly.

Mitch decides to keep the caption simple; my baby. @scotthoying

"That was fast," Scott chuckles. "Wait, who took this picture?"

Mitch laughs. "Kit."

"Of course she did. It's cute, though." Scott says. He puts his phone on the bedside table and turns towards Mitch again. "So, we're out. How does it feel?"

Mitch puts his phone on the bedside table, and then faces Scott. "Feels good. I'm glad I can hold your hand in public, now." He smiles.

"Mhm," Scott hums, "I just, I didn't want to worry anymore."

"I feel that," Mitch says, "Thanks for talking me into this. I love you."

Scott smiles. "I love you too, sweetheart." He leans in and kisses Mitch sweetly. "And now I can show it in public."

Mitch smiles at that, and cuddles into Scott. They're both happy that they don't have to hide anymore.