that night

Scott swims up behind Mark, wrapping his arms around him in the hot tub.

Mark giggles. "Hi, baby."

"Hi," Scott says, kissing Mark's shoulder. "You were too far away."

"I was maybe two feet away," Mark teases, and Scott shakes his head.

"Exactly," Scott mumbles. "Not in my arms."

Mark giggles again, "My favorite place," he reminds Scott, "My favorite place will always be your arms."

Scott smiles, kisses Mark's shoulder, jaw, and when Mark turns his head, his lips.

"God, just marry me already," Mark teases. "I love you."

"I love you too," Scott says. He grabs Mark's hand, raises both hands out of the water so he can admire their rings.

Scott and Mark both sigh happily. This makes Mark giggle, and Scott can't help but shower him in kisses. Shoulder, neck, jaw, cheek, temple.

Mark giggles more as a result of all of the kisses. He's the happiest he's ever been. "Baby?" He asks.

"Hmm?" Scott hums, another kiss being placed on Mark's shoulder.

Mark smiles big. "We are going to have the best ever kickass wedding."

Scott chuckles at that. "Hell yeah we are."

"Can we go back to the room?" Mark asks. "Just want you to hold me."

Scott nods. "Yeah, of course, sweetheart."

-

"Get over here and cuddle me," Scott whines when Mark gets up, and Mark giggles.

"I have to brush my teeth!"

"I want you back in my arms," Scott pouts.

"Give me two minutes, baby," Mark says.

When Mark is done brushing his teeth, he climbs back into bed with Scott.

"Better," Scott says, pulling Mark close.

Mark giggles, snuggling closer. "I love you," he says.

"I love you too, sweetheart." Scott says. "God, I love you."

"Scotty."

"Hm?"

Mark grins wide, unable to contain himself. "You're my fiancé."

"Yeah," Scott laughs. "That's kind of what happens when you get engaged, baby."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I've never done this before," Mark teases.

"I'm just teasing, sweetheart." Scott says. "It really is unreal."

Mark kisses Scott's chest, snuggling impossibly closer. "I cannot wait to be your husband," he says. "I promise I'll be the best spouse you could ever want, Scotty."

"You're already the best partner I could ever dream of," Scott says. "I didn't think that would change when you become my husband."

"Scotty," Mark exhales, his voice thick with tears. "Please don't make me cry again,"

"Oh no, baby," Scott shifts so that he can face Mark. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm sorry. I know it's a lot of emotions today," he chuckles, leaning in to kiss Mark. "Here," he wipes Mark's tears away. "Beautiful."

"I'm just really emotional and jetlagged and happy," Mark explains. "This is your fault," he adds.

Scott laughs at that, leaning in to kiss Mark again before taking him back into his arms. "I'll accept that defeat," he says.

They sit in a comfortable silence for a while, just enjoying each other's company.

"Scotty?" Mark mumbles.

"Yeah, sweetheart?"

"I love you. And I can't wait to marry you."

"I love you too. Our wedding will be the best day of my entire life."