changed for the better (scomiche)

examples of how scott and mitch have both changed after getting together

••••••••
december 2016

"Mitch! Come over! Help me put up my Christmas decorations!" Kirstin speaks into the phone.

"This again, Kirst?" Mitch says, "Count me out. You should know by now that I'm—"

"Not the biggest fan of Christmas." They say at the same time.

"I know. But come on, stop being such a Scrooge and get over here!"

"I really don't want to, Kirst. And besides. I have to work tonight."

••••••••
december 2016

"Scott? Do you wanna do secret santa?" 'Avi asks.

"No thanks. Christmas really isn't my thing. Thanks for offering, though." Scott says, pushing away the basket of names.

"Scott. It's Christmas. C'mon. They're gag gifts."

"No thanks. I've never really found a reason for Christmas to be all that great. Sorry, y'all."

••••••••

december 2018

"I never thought that you'd throw a Christmas party." Kevin says, looking around at Mitch's decor.

"This is all Scott. But I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love it." Mitch smiles.

"Kev! They have your favorite cherry candy canes!" Matt yells.

"Cherry candy canes?!" Kevin says, walking Matt's direction.

"Babe, you look awful lonely to be standing under the Mistletoe," Mitch hears Scott's voice behind him, and feels two arms wrap around his waist.

"Mistletoe?" Mitch turns around in Scott's arms and looks up. "There's none there."

"Is Mistletoe really the only way I'll get you to kiss me?" Scott asks, looking Mitch in the eyes.

"Of course not," Mitch giggles, leaning in to give Scott a quick kiss.

"I have your gift here," Scott says.

"Christmas isn't for another 2 weeks, honey, wait until then." Mitch says.

"I'll have your real one then. I want you to have this now."

Mitch unwraps the small gift and sees a framed photo of them on their first date.

"Scotty," Mitch smiles, "I love it. Thank you."

"Open the back of the frame," Scott says.

"I will later," Mitch says, "I want to put this somewhere safe, okay?" He says.

Scott nods. "I'll put it in our room."

••••••••

august 2015

"Mitch!" Kirstin squeals. "Austin proposed! Look at the ring! Isn't it gorgeous? I'm so happy!"

"Oh my god, Kirst, let me see!" Mitch inspects the ring. "Wow. You got a good one. He must have saved up for months to get this for you." He says, in awe.

"I'm so happy, Mitch, you'll understand one day."

"As happy as I am for you, marriage isn't in the cards for me."

••••••••

january 2016

"Another proposal? Why are all of these celebrities getting engaged, Cole?" Scott asks. "There's no such thing as soulmates anyways."

"I believe in soulmates," Cole says, "We just haven't found ours yet."

"Oh, I'm sure there's one person that I'm destined to run into one day. C'mon, Cole. Get real."

••••••••

march 2019

"Are you sure you're okay with me seeing this before the wedding?" Scott asks, biting his lip.

"Yeah, I'm sure, Scotty," Mitch peeks his head from behind their bedroom door. "Ready?"

"Always."

Mitch steps out into their living room, in a stunning white jumpsuit and heels.

Scott gasps. "Mitch," is the only word he has.

Mitch does a spin just for fun. "What do you think, baby?" He smiles.

Scott has tears in his eyes. "You're beautiful," his voice cracks. He doesn't want to be that guy, but he can't help it. The love of his life is in his wedding outfit in front of him. "So, so beautiful, Mitchy."

"Baby," Mitch walks over closer to Scott, "What's wrong? Did I hit a soft spot?"

Scott nods. "Not in a bad way at all, honey." He grabs Mitch's hands, "It just all became real that I'm going to marry the love of my life. How did I get so damn lucky?"

Mitch smiles. "I should be saying that myself."

••••••••

april 2014

Mitch fake gags when he sees the booth next to his. "Get a load of them, Evan. They're sitting on the same side of the booth."

Evan looks up from his salad. "I think that's actually kind of cute. They're in their honeymoon stage."

"It's groooooooss." Mitch says, laughing. "I'll never understand couples who think the world needs to know that they're in love. Like, we get it, okay?"

Evan puts his hands up. "Whatever you say, Mitch."

••••••••

february 2015

Scott cringes when he sees the couple across from him kiss quickly.

What is it with people and PDA nowadays?? Gross and unnecessary.

He looks around and sees another couple holding hands.

Really?! Why do people have to do this? I just wanted to come read at the park. But apparently this is love central. My mistake.

••••••••

july 2018

"What flavor do you want, babe?" Scott asks, grabbing Mitch's hand as they look at the board of ice cream flavors.

"Can't decide between Cookie Dough and Rocky Road," Mitch says, making eye contact with Scott. "What do you think?"

"Cookie Dough is far superior."

"Rocky Road it is," Mitch says, a huge grin on his face. He gets one look at Scott's face and starts laughing. "I'm just kidding, love."

Scott pouts.

"Why so pouty, babe? Will a kiss make it better?" Mitch asks.

Scott shrugs. "There's one way to find out." Mitch leans in and kisses him, and when they pull apart there's a smile on both of their faces.

Mitch giggles. "Much better. A smile looks more handsome on you."

"I thought you said I was adorable when I pout?" Scott asks.

"Well yeah, but—"

"I can help the next guest in line." The cashier says.

Mitch just giggles while he lets Scott take him by the hand to the register.