off the ledge (meau)

for MichealBeauSloane ! also meau oneshots are BACK

Mitch's fingers find their way up to his hair, pulling it in every possible direction. "Why can't I figure this out?"

He doesn't want to cry, but before he knows it, tears are slipping out of his eyes. He just wants to figure out the bridge to this song. That's it.

He feels like a failure. Everyone else has contributed at least an entire song to their new album, and Mitch has been stuck at the same spot for a week, with the due date being tomorrow.

He decides to take a mental break, puts down the laptop, and goes on his phone.

But the tears don't go away. He doesn't want to ask for help, that would be giving up.

And that's when Beau walks in.

He hears the soft whimpers coming from the other room, and stops in his tracks. "Baby?"

When he sees Mitch crying over his laptop, he takes it upon himself to get rid of the laptop, and sit in front of Mitch instead.

"Baby," Beau starts, "What's going on?" He takes Mitch's cheek in the palm of his hand and wipes Mitch's tears from beneath his eye with his thumb.

"The song," Mitch mumbles.

"You've been working on it for 4 hours in one sitting, honey," Beau says, "Your creative juices are fresh out," he gently kisses Mitch's forehead. "Did you get anywhere? Or are you still stuck on the bridge?"

"Still stuck," Mitch blinks and more tears fall. "I'm sorry, I'm just frustrated."

"No, you've been working on this for a long time, sweetheart," Beau gently rubs Mitch's back, "You need a break."

"It's due tomorrow."

"Well, if you couldn't think of anything, then you couldn't think of anything. You'll just have to tell them that. Can I give you a break?" He kisses Mitch's ear. "You need it, angel. You've stressed yourself out so bad. I can make you dinner, we can eat on the balcony and watch the sunset," he offers.

Mitch sighs, defeated. "Okay," he says. "Can you make chili?"

"Sure," Beau says, grabbing Mitch's hand and standing up. He makes the chili, making sure Mitch is close by sitting on one of the barstools in the kitchen, and then they eat outside on the balcony. Mitch has forgotten a good bit about the song.

"The sunset is so beautiful," Mitch says.

"The sunset's pretty," Beau says, and laces his fingers with Mitch's, "You're beautiful."

Mitch smiles. "Baby," he blushes, "You always know how to talk me off the ledge. I love you."

"I love you too," Beau says, and then kisses Mitch's knuckles. "Always here for you, no matter what, sweetheart."

Mitch pulls out his phone and sends a text. "I just told them that I'll need some more time for the song. That I was stuck on the bridge for a week and still nothing. But that's okay," he says, "I don't need to give up my mental health for something like that."

"That's right," Beau says, sitting up and facing Mitch. "I'm glad you're thinking like this."

Mitch stands up and grabs his dirty dish, then heads inside to wash it. "I guess I just needed to relax a bit. It'll be fine. We haven't even set an album release date."

Beau follows Mitch, and takes the bowl from him.

"At least let me do the dishes," Mitch says.

"Nope. Go brush your teeth and get ready for bed. No stress for you tonight."

"And washing the dishes is so stressful," Mitch teases.

"Don't you want some sleep?" Beau changes the subject.

Mitch sighs. "Honestly, yeah." He brushes his teeth, goes to the bathroom, and lays in bed. Beau is about 10 minutes behind him, and Mitch leans into his touch when he joins him in bed.

Beau kisses Mitch's jaw. "Wanna kiss you all over," he mumbles, and then kisses Mitch's neck, his shoulder.

Mitch smiles a bit, let's out a giggle as Beau kisses his cheeks, nose, and corners of his mouth.

"My sweet boy," he interrupts, and Beau looks up at him. "Thank you for tonight," Mitch places his hands on Beau's cheeks, "Now come and give me a real kiss."

Beau leans in and kisses Mitch's lips, and when they pull apart, they fall asleep.