autumn picnics (scomiche)

it's september but it's not cooling down any yet so here's a one shot abt the weather that i wish was happening

~

Mitch smiles as Scott hands him his pasta that they had packed for today's date.

"Thanks, baby," Mitch says, giving Scott a quick kiss before he starts to eat.

They eat in a comfortable silence and Scott can't help but think how lucky he is.

He sees Mitch in the hoodie that he gave him, a light pink dusted on his cheeks because of the temperature. Mitch notices him staring and laughs, and Scott's smile grows even more.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Mitch says, stifling a laugh.

Scott laughs, kissing Mitch sweetly while he lets his mind wander a bit.

He thinks back to when he first met Mitch in chorale their first year at UCLA. He wondered why he had been voiced next to a Tenor 1 of all things but now, he couldn't be more thankful.

They were soon to find out that they'd get along great, going over to each other's dorms to have dinner and do homework.

By the time sophomore year rolled around, they were joint at the hip. Their friends said that if there wasn't a class and Scott and Mitch weren't together, something was seriously wrong.

Best friends slowly turned into boyfriends, the title becoming official over two bottles of wine and tears after Mitch had been stood up only hours before.

After junior and senior year flew by, here they are now, having graduated a little over a year ago.

"Baby? What's going through that mind of yours?" Mitch asks, running his hand through Scott's hair.

"Thinking about us, how happy I am. How lucky I am to have you." Scott says, and Mitch nearly rolls his eyes.

"Is this why you brought me here, Hoying? To get all sappy on me?"

"It is a beautiful place to get sappy."

"Oh, hush." Mitch says, snuggling into Scott. "You're too much."

"Angel?" Scott asks, and Mitch sits up, knowing Scott isn't kidding around anymore.

"What is it, baby? Everything okay?" Mitch asks, running a thumb along his boyfriend's jaw.

Scott nods, smiles, and reaches in his pocket. He pulls out a small box, and Mitch's breath hitches. "Scotty," He whispers.

"Marry me?" Scott asks, "I wanted to give you some long speech about my love for you, and have this big grand gesture and everything, but you always told me that when the moment comes you'd be too in shock to appreciate it. So here's me just asking you. Mitchy, will you marry me?" He opens the box to reveal a beautiful ring, one that Mitch knows Scott must have saved up to afford.

Mitch looks in Scott's eyes. He looks like this is what he's been set on his whole life.

"Yes, of course, yeah, I'll marry you, baby." Mitch says, a single tear rolling down his cheek.

Scott puts the ring on Mitch, and Mitch admires it before admiring his new fiancé.

Scott's wearing a jacket and a scarf, wearing a soft, closed mouth smile for Mitch. Mitch leans forward and kisses the corner of Scott's mouth, but not caring when Scott initiates a real, soft kiss.

"I'm so happy," Scott says,"Thank you for being mine, baby." He kisses Mitch again. "I love you."