Chapter 10 It all depends on acting skills

As soon as it dawned, before the sun had crossed the mountain cover, Yuan Manniang knocked on the door and woke Lu Xu up.

To go to the county, you have to take a boat to the town. If you leave a little earlier and arrive a little earlier, you may be able to sell out earlier and come back earlier.

Lu Xu divided the money he earned last time, one penny for the twelfth lunar month and one penny for Lu Zhou. He kept fifty penny, thirty penny for taking the boat, and the remaining twenty penny for spare, and the rest was given to Yuan Manniang.

After breakfast, Yuan Manniang sent Lu Xu out. Lu Xu passed by Yan's house and stood by the window. As expected, Yan Junqi had already gotten up to study. He shouted from the window, "Junqi, I'm leaving. Help me take care of my younger brothers and sisters."

Yan Junqi opened the window, and Lu Xu waved to him, grabbing the basket rope and striding toward the dock.

Facing the sun, the further we walk, the brighter the sky becomes.

It costs fifteen cents to go back and forth from Yinma Town to the county seat. Guanyang County is on the upper reaches of Yinma Town. When you go there, you have to pay an extra five cents for a basket of goods. When you come back, you have to go with the current and there is no extra charge for carrying goods.

Yuan Manniang used to go to the county to buy New Year's goods. She didn't pay the money when she went there, so she forgot to add money. After Lu Xu handed in twenty pieces of paper, he felt a little distressed.

He had to leave fifteen cents back, so he only had fifteen cents left as pocket money.

Most of the people walking to the county in the morning were sellers. Lu Xu saw an old man carrying a basket of mulberries, and he was a little greedy. When he asked, he found out that the mulberries were not cheap, costing 40 cents per pound. They were about to catch up with the meat and he couldn't afford it.

Underneath the mulberries were neatly bundled wild vegetables, which looked more tender than those picked by Yuan Manniang and others.

It would take a day to pick such a basket of wild vegetables.

There were also sellers of eggs, live chickens, ducks and rabbits, all huddled in the bilge with their feet and wings tied.

After gathering a boatload of people, the sky was completely bright. The boat was swaying against the current at a slow speed. It took more than an hour to travel from Yinma Town to Guanyang County.

The boat went westward and passed Lujia Village. Lu Xu saw Yuan Maniang and La Yue washing clothes by the river. When he saw Lu Xu with his sharp eyes, he called out to his brother.

Lu Xu waved to them, "Brother comes back to buy you candies!"

The boat turned around to the west of Lujia Village and gradually moved away.

Lu Xu sat down with his back to the sun, folding his arms and taking a nap to catch up on his sleep. There were mountains on both sides of the river bank further ahead, which was still far away from the county seat.

When we arrived at the county seat, Lu Xu first smelled a fishy smell.

There is only one wharf in Guanyang County, which transports goods, transports people, and sells fish. The government has divided the area. The fish sellers are in one place, the unloaders are in another, and the passenger ships are in the middle. When there are few passenger ships, the two sides will occupy the middle. , there are usually officers and soldiers guarding it, so there is no chaos.

Lu Xu got off the boat and looked around. The price of fish was about the same as in the town, but there were many more big fish. Most of them were alive and packed in wooden basins and barrels. If they were dead, they could be sold for three to five cents cheaper. Money, some people who are not rich want to eat cheap fish, so they wait next to the fish stall. After waiting for a while, they will always come across freshly-dead fish. If the big fish don’t want it, they don’t want it if it is stale. They must be alive and full of scales. Pick it up and let the waiter Push the cart to load the barrels and send them home.