Chapter 60 Complaint

"Has the price of food dropped for Ship Gang?"

"No."

"Are they still buying?"

"Still buying. Sir, are they not allowed to come into contact with Song San in prison?"

The county magistrate waved his hand, "No. He wants to deliver the news, and there are many ways to deliver it. Only by making him unable to see clearly can we force him to sell grain."

The master replied with a "Hey", which was easier said than done.

They relied on the fact that Song San could only listen but could not see what was going on outside, so they spread real and fake news to disturb him.

The county magistrate asked: "How much grain is left?"

Master: "Less than two boats."

The magistrate paced back and forth in the study.

Master: "Sir, it stands to reason that the people have already bought enough food for two months. Should we start limiting the food supply?"

"No. The people are hungry and scared, so how dare they not save food? The more we limit the food, the more they will rob. If they rob, we will expose our secrets."

Ten boatloads of old rice are not enough for everyone to eat until the autumn harvest. Water from afar cannot quench the thirst of those nearby. The price of grain must be high when transported from afar, and it is the people who suffer. The real solution is to make the boat gangs think they have endless supplies of food and force them to sell food at low prices.

The county magistrate asked: "Can the county captain find out where the boat gang stores their grain?"

The master said: "The ones in the county have been investigated and the people are keeping an eye on them. It's just the ones near the towns and Songjia Village..."

"My lord! My lord!" The Yamen servant hurried in from outside.

The master scolded: "What does it look like to be reckless!"

County magistrate: "What's the matter? Tell me."

Yamen servant: "Many people came to the county by boat to sell grain, and they gathered at the pier and made a scene. The county captain asked me to ask if we should let the grain shops collect grain in one go?"

The master was overjoyed: "Hurry up and go!"

Magistrate: "Wait!"

He was pacing in the study and suddenly said with a smile: "Let them sell it. The master forgot that the grain store's granary also needs rice, so there is no place to collect grain."

The master was stunned for a moment and said continuously: "Yes, yes, yes! The granary still needs to be stocked with rice. If you are busy just selling rice, how can you make room for them?"

County magistrate: "Go and ask the county captain to bring more people to maintain order at the dock, and tell the city gate guards that today the people are going in and out to sell and buy grain, and no more city money is allowed."

Master: "Your Excellency, you are kind."

The county magistrate waved his hand, "You can go out."

"Yes." The officer responded and ran out happily.

He had to quickly inform the county captain, and at the same time notify his brothers to let their families buy food.

Those small boats were loaded with new wheat, and their family hadn’t eaten white flour for many days!