Chapter 17 Putting a sack

"This one is good. It's like an inscription, straight and easy to read."

“I think this is good, it’s smart and not rigid.”

Lu Xu nodded listening to this and nodding to that. They debated for a while and finally chose engraving. It was a pity for Lu Xu. He thought any of the seven pictures was good.

The child who was always talking to him noticed a few other pictures and asked Lu Xu, "Are these all written by your brother?"

Lu Xu beamed: "Yes! How do you see it?"

The child pondered for a while, "The writing is neat, but it's a pity that it lacks charm."

Lu Xu's smile froze a little.

The child returned all the paper to him, "That's enough for copying the book!"

The shopkeeper also thought it was good, so he asked the assistant to bring paper to Lu Xu and asked him which book he wanted to copy.

Lu Xu calmed down and concentrated on tricking the shopkeeper into borrowing books, "Since I have chosen to write in engraved script, why not copy it according to the layout of the engraved version? What do you think?"

The shopkeeper thinks it’s good. It is of course best to copy the printed version.

Lu Xu then chuckled and said, "To tell you the truth, my brother's family is poor, and most of the books at home are old copies. If they are copied, they may not sell as well as the printed copies."

Shopkeeper: "..."

Lu Xu took out the note, "It would be best if you could lend me some books, any of these will do."

The shopkeeper was happy, "Should I lend you some more ink?"

Lu Xu shook his head, "That's not necessary, we can grind the ink ourselves."

The shopkeeper chuckled, took the note with a smile, and then said, "If it's some Mongolian books, it's okay to lend them to you. It's not cheap for you to list these. If you run away with my books, who should I look for?" "

Lu Xu: "If you write down my address and place of origin, you can find me at my home."

Shopkeeper: "I don't have the time, and I don't know whether what you say is true or false. Just what you say is true, and I can't set a precedent. I see that you also do some small business, and I understand. I'll lend it to you today. Tomorrow someone will come to borrow it. If everyone comes to borrow it, and if they borrow it for ten and a half days and don't pay it back for half a year or a year, my bookstore won't need to open."

Of course Lu Xu understood and was a little confused for a moment.

The shopkeeper said: "How about you buy this book, and after you finish copying it, as long as it's not damaged, I'll buy it back at the original price."

The kid who was picking books was listening to them all the time, and when he saw Lu Xu's distressed face, he took money out of his wallet, "That's a good idea, are you short of money, I can lend it to you."

Lu Xu shook his head, took out the broken silver he exchanged for today from his arms, went outside and dug out the copper coins from the bottom of the car, and gave them to the shopkeeper, "That's all I have now, you can see if you can sell me a copy first, if it's not enough When I sell the goods, can I send them back together?"

The shopkeeper saw that he had integrity, so he only took his broken silver, "I believe you once, you can collect it within three days."

He took the annotated copy that Lu Xu had just read from the bookshelf and handed it to Lu Xu, "If you can't make up four taels in three days, you can exchange it for the original."