Chapter 108 Hit it off

After the Lantern Festival, Lu Xu also started to get busy.

Although the New Year ends after the first lunar month, shops the size of Guanyang will open after the Lantern Festival. Grain shops, grocery stores, butcher shops, etc. even open on the eighth day of the lunar month, while cloth shops usually wait until the twentieth or even after the first lunar month. Firstly, this is because they here say that no needles will be made in the first month, and secondly, because who wants to Making clothes is generally done years ago.

As soon as the Lantern Festival passed, although the ice on the river had not completely melted, passenger ships and cargo ships began to operate one after another. Lu Xu did not need to row his own boat when he went to watch the sun again.

On the eighteenth day of the first lunar month, his Luji Restaurant reopened.

Early in the morning, Lu Yong and Gouzi had already lit the stove in advance, cooked porridge and soup, pushed the cart to the well to collect water for the day, and filled the water tank in the shop.

When Lu Xu and the others came over, the first thing they did before opening the door was to share the money.

Lu Yong reported all the money from selling Yuanxiao to Lu Xu.

Lu Xu was surprised: "What do you do with the money you two earn?"

Lu Yong and Gou Zi looked at each other.

Lu Yong: "Buying materials is spent with the store's money..."

He is responsible for purchasing, but he is quite clear-cut between public and private matters.

Gouzi nodded again and again, "It's sold in the shop!"

There are many people selling Yuanxiao on Lantern Festival day. The reason why they can have so many customers is because of Lu Xu’s long-term reputation. When their regular customers see Lu Ji’s Restaurant open, they simply don’t go anywhere else. Some people even queue up. Eat at Lu Kee.

Lu Xu disagreed: "Then make up for the material money, and you two can split the rest."

Lu Yong and Gouzi said in unison: "How can that be done?"

"What's wrong?" Lu Xu looked around the shop. The tofu and vegetables had arrived. Rice, noodles, firewood, seasonings, and water were all prepared in the shop. The floor was clean, the tables, chairs, and kitchen utensils were polished to a shine, and even the wallpaper was changed. .

With such a capable guy, what else could Lu Xu be dissatisfied with!

"Then I'll charge fifty ren for the venue fee." Lu Xu counted out 50 ren from the money bag handed over by Lu Yong, "Come on, burn incense and open the business!"

The purpose of opening the store was to burn incense and worship the gods. Lu Xu didn't know this before and opened it in a hurry. This time, Grandma Lu specially asked the third aunt to bring incense and candles as offerings to pay homage.

The third aunt arranged the incense and candle offerings, led them to worship the gods together, and then the gong was sounded to open the ceremony.

There were no firecrackers in this era, so when a shop opened, just hit a gong to inform the neighbors.

Once the bottom of Lu Ji's Malatang pot is heated, it is more effective than a gong. News of the opening spread with the spicy smell, and soon neighbors brought their children to have breakfast.

Lu Kee has so many hot staple foods, why do you have to make them yourself!

Someone who lives nearby simply brings a basin and a pot, buys a basin at Luji, and brings it home still piping hot.