Chapter 98 Chinese New Year

By the end of the new year, the house was cleaned, Spring Festival couplets were pasted, window paper was replaced, furniture and farm tools were repaired, and all that was left was how to eat.

Twenty-eight made noodles, twenty-nine steamed buns, and thirty made dumplings.

In the past few days, the sisters-in-law of the Lu family have gone to the fourth uncle's house to steam steamed buns, steamed buns, steamed rice cakes, steamed jujube flowers... This is a major event during the Chinese New Year. Every household usually saves money, but at this time they also use white flour to steam steamed buns. Several offerings were made to worship gods and ancestors.

There will be chaos when there are more people. The older children can help, but the younger ones will add chaos by running around. Lu Xu waved his hand and left the reliable Lu Hui, Lu Xuan, and Xiao Xia to help, and took Han Lu and the rest of the younger ones. Go back to his house and continue making other New Year’s goods——

Fried tofu, fried meatballs, fried hot noodles with sugar vegetables, fried sesame leaves, fried twists...

Except for the hot noodle balls, which require Lu Xu’s own attention, other children in the family can get started and participate.

Lu Xu gave the knife to Lu Zhou and compared the size. Lu Zhou could cut the tofu into exactly the same rectangular cubes. Han Lu was responsible for adjusting the fillings, including meatballs, vegetarian meatballs, and tofu meatballs. She made too many pies, which was not a problem for her at all.

The hemp leaves and twists were thrown to the remaining children. Lu Xu and Han Lu made up the noodles, and Lu Wen was responsible for rolling them into thin dough, and directed Xiaoman, December and Lu Fu to twist the hemp leaves and twists. Half sugar, half spiced, it doesn't matter if it's ugly or pretty, they eat it anyway.

The hot noodle and sugar cabbage also look like a kind of meatball. Add flour and sugar, blanch the noodles in boiling water, apply a layer of oil on the dough and seal it. Then use a spatula dipped in oil to scoop out a piece of dough, use chopsticks to shape it into the size of a ball, and fry it in the pan. It is fried like a sugar cake, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, with a golden surface and a very soft inside. It can be used as a staple food or a snack. It is very friendly to the elderly and children with bad teeth.

When it came to fried dumplings, it was a test of skill. Lu Xu had to do it by himself. Whenever he failed, he would blame luck.

Anyway, none of his younger brothers and sisters have ever eaten authentic food. It’s thicker or fatter, so what does it matter!

Han Lu and the others were dumbfounded when they saw Lu Xu kneading the noodles so thin, and then putting them on the plate and brushing them with oil. No matter how they thought about it, they must be delicious.

Lu Xu fried the others, and the Zazi on the bottom of the plate had almost absorbed enough oil and was ready to be stretched. He pinched the noodles to prevent himself from making mistakes, and asked Lu Zhou to hold up the chopsticks to twist them. Han Lu and the others watched as the elder brother wound the thin noodles around the chopsticks like a ball of thread, twisting them into a loose shape. He asked Lu Zhou to put the chopsticks into the oil pan.

Lu Xu appeared a little nervous, and the contagious Lu Zhou was also nervous. With a sullen face, he held up his chopsticks and moved to the frying pan in small steps, for fear of accidentally breaking the noodles.

Several others followed them, but they did not dare to show their anger.

Sitting at the door of the kitchen, eating meatballs and twists, Lu Yue, Lu Fu and Lu Rui looked at their brothers and sisters. They wondered what kind of magical food the eldest brother had invented, which allowed them to escape from the landmine.