CHAPTER 6(A) - Oberois Meet Raichands

CHAPTER 6a

The award function starts with the host giving a welcoming speech to all the guests arrived... After a few performances, the awards are started to be given to the winners... Finally, Shivaay Singh Oberoi is invited to the stage to hand over the 'Businessman of the Year' award... Shivaay goes to the stage and takes the microphone from the host...

Shivaay: The award for the 'Best Businessman of the Year' goes to Mr Arjun from Chennai... (all the guests give a big applause for him)

Arjun gets up from his place and hugs his family... He walks to the stage proudly... Shivaay hands over the award to Arjun and he happily receives it... Arjun looks at his beloved family who are cheering for him... His eyes are filled with happy tears seeing his family cheering for him... Shivaay pats Arjun's back and Arjun just smiles nodding his head... The host asked Arjun to speak a few words... Arjun takes the mike from him while Shivaay stands beside him...

Arjun: Good evening, everyone... First of all, thank you for giving me this award... I never expect that I will get this award because there are so many experienced and expert businessman while I'm still new in this field... (stops a while) I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people who are behind my success... Without them, I might not be standing here receiving this award from the greatest business tycoon Shivaay Singh Oberoi's hand... And I may not reach this height this soon... They all have been like my backbone in each and every step that I took in my life... (stopped a while) But, before I thank them, I would like to reveal few things about myself... You all know me as Arjun and thought that 'AR' in AR Industries stand for the first two letters in my name... But the truth is AR stands for my full name, ARJUN RAICHAND... (All are surprised... Some guests started to talk among themselves... Shivaay is also surprised with him but he never shows...) Please, calm down... There are more for me to reveal... My father was Harish Raichand and my grandfather was Yashvardhan Raichand, the sole owner of RAICHAND INDUSTRIES, the most leading business tycoon years ago... (another shock for the guests sitting down there including the Oberois...)

Pinky: Oh, my maata!! He is Yash uncles grandson!!??

Sakthi: That is why Savitri aunty is here... Now, I understand...

Arjun: Now, enough of my revelation of my surname... First of all, I would like to thank my grandma Mrs Savitri Raichand... As a single woman, she raised me and my siblings after the death of our parents and grandpa... She took us away from Mumbai to start a fresh life without anyone's help... If she didn't take us with her, I might not become a successful person... Not only me, but my brother and sisters too will not have succeeded in their life... We are really glad to have her in our life... Love you, daadima!!! (he looks at Savitri with teary eyes) Next, I would like to thank my brother, Siddharth Raichand... He is the eldest among us but he did the duty of a father to raise us after our parents' death... Love you, bhaiya!!! You are the world's best brother... Next, my lovely angels, my sisters, Nivedha, Tia, Mithra and Ishana... They are the pillar of support for my success... Whenever I returned home in failure, my sisters will encourage me by saying those failures are the steps for me to reach success... They are right... If I didn't face those failures before, I will not reach this height of success... Thank you, my angels... This award is for you... Love you all, sweethearts!! I need all of your support forever... Next, my bhabhi, Mrs Siddharth Raichand, who take care of us like a mother and always bear our teasing... My brother in laws, Raghav, Dushyanth and Karan who are the strength of our family... Madhu, my other sister, a part of our family... And, last but not the least my friends, one is not here but, they are also behind my success... Without them, I am nothing... I love you all, my family... (All the guests applaud...)

Arjun: Sorry for giving this long speech... But, this is what hidden in my heart and I waited for this moment to express it in front of everyone... Thank you very much for listening to me and for this award as well... (he ends his speech and walks down from the stage followed by Shivaay... Both of them walk to their respective tables...)