Chapter 8

Caroline's POV

I watched as Michael bandaged up and cleaned off one of my best friends.

Lindy had a busted lip, a bruised cheekbone, her arms were bruised, along with her legs, and her whole stomach was a purple-black color.

By this time, Hayes, josh, and Jacob came back from the other boys. They all had busted lips and black eyes.

Josh walked over to me. "It's gonna be okay. Shh. Don't cry." He said and pulled me into his lap, cradling me into his chest.

"H-how do you know that, josh?" I asked. "Actually, I don't know. I really don't." He said, honestly.

"WHY WOULD THEY BEAT ON A SWEET, INNOCENT GIRL LIKE HER. I WAS TAUGHT TO NEVER, EVER LAY A FINGER ON A GIRL." Jacob shouted, continuously running his fingers through his hair.

I looked over at Lindy. He was squirming around in Michael's arm. He whispered something to her an she nodded.

"Guys. I'm gonna take Lindy home. Can someone go get Trevor and bring him here?" Michael asked. "I'll go." Hayes and josh said in unison. They laughed. "Okay. Go." Michael said.

Josh's POV

Me and Hayes went to Trevor's class. We walked in and saw the teacher.

"Umm. Mr. Hernandez. Can we have Trevor? Principal needs him." I said. He nodded and Trevor walked to us.

"What happened to her?" He asked as we walked to the place. "They beat her. Really bad. She's with Michael, Jacob, mahogany, and Caroline right now. Michael flipped out on all of them." Hayes said.

Trevor's POV

They hurt her. Again. I texted the guys on a group chat.

Me: guys. They beat her again. Hayes and josh said try beat her pretty bad. I'm going to see her now and bring her home.

Rickster🎸: WHAT? THEY HURT MY ANGEL? AGAIN!

Sammers😝: THEY HURT MY SISSY? ILL KILL EM

KEHUHN🐣: SAM! I'LL JOIN YOU IN THAT.

Jc📛: Im in the car literally driving with Sam to your school.

Con DA Bon💥: imma pop a bitch.

Me: well. I'm here to see her. I'm gonna go.

We reach the place and I literally ripped the wood out of the wall and jumped in.

"Where is she?" I said, on the verge of me having a breakdown any second now. "Over there with Michael." Jacob said and pointed to the right. Michael was cradling her into his chest. They both were crying.

"Cupcake?" I said just above a whisper, letting tears fall down my face. "T-tr-trevy. I wanna go home." She said.

I walked over to her. "Michael. Can I have her?" I asked him. He nodded his head and handed Lindy to me. "My lovely, we are going home. Jc and Sam are coming. Don't worry. I'm here. I promised you I'd be there for you. And I'm here." I said and kissed her forehead.

"This wouldn't have happened if we didn't get detention. This wouldn't of happened if we would've went to detention. This wouldn't have happened if she went in before me." Hayes kept on saying over and over again. "Why'd y'all get detention?" I asked, cradling Lindy deeper into my chest.

"We put thumbtacks on the sub's chair. And Aaron got detention. Along with Taylor," he took a breath and continued, "We walked out of class and didn't know where detention was. So, we got mahogany, Caroline, Jacob, josh, and Michael. We came here to meet up with josh, mahogany, and Jacob because we were gonna go to the mall. We all went in. I told Lindy that she shoulda went in before me, but her being stubborn, didn't listen. They pulled her away before she could get in."

"My lovely, Im so sorry." I said as some more tears spilled out my eyes. "Trevy, you didn't so anything. It's not your fault." She said and kissed my cheek. "Okay." I said.

I got a text.

Jc📛: we're here.

Me: Kay. Can a couple friends come?

Jc📛: how many we talking?

Me: 6

Jc📛: yes. But some have to ride with me and some have to ride with Sam.

Me: we will sort that out when we get out there.

Jc📛: Kay. Peaceee✌✌

"Guys. Jc and Sam are outside. Y'all can come, too." I said. "Okay." They all said.

We all walked out into the hallway and out to the parking lot.

-_______________-