Chapter 27

Michaels POV

When Lindy introduced Steph, I couldn't stop staring. Both Lindy and Steph are beautiful.

I might have a little crush on steph. But, that crush I have on Lindy. That crush is huge.

"What should we do?" Lindy asked. "Let's get food." Hayes said and picked Lindy up, then ran away.

We laughed at them. I put my hand down and touched someone else's. I looked up to see Steph. She smiled at me. I returned it.

"GET OFF OF ME!" I heard Lindy screech. I shot up, along with Jacob and josh. I helped Steph up and then ran out the studio doors.

I saw carter feeling all over Lindy while she was against the wall. I ran up to him and ripped him off of her. I pushed him to the wall, causing him to hit his head.

When I did, I saw Hayes lying on the ground, unconscious. I heard Lindy's breathing hitch. I turned to her and tears filled the brims of her eyes.

She ran to Hayes and plopped down beside him. She pulled his upper body int her lap, laying his head against her chest. "Help me take him to the room." She said.

I nodded and picked him up. We walked down the hall without getting caught. Lindy pulled the wood away from the wall and stepped in.

After we all got in, Lindy put the wood back. "Steph, this is our room. No one knows about it except us eight. Now, including you, us nine. The teachers don't even know about this." Lindy said. Steph nodded.

I set Hayes down on the couch and walked up to Lindy. She was getting the first aid kit.

"It's gonna be okay." I said and wrapped her in a hug. "You don't know that, Mikey. You don't know what happened." She said, shakily. "What happened?" I asked.

"When me and Hayes ran out the room, carter was standing near the bathrooms. Hayes put me down and I walked to the vending machine. While I was getting what I wanted, I heard yelling. I looked and saw Hayes and carter arguing. I saw Hayes punch carter in the stomach and he stumbled a little. But then, he got up and rammed Hayes into the wall. Hayes hit his head really hard. Then, carter came up to me. He pushed me against the wall and started to touch me." She explained with tears slipping out her eyes.

"It's okay, princess." I said. "I'm gonna go help Hayes now." She said and kissed my cheek.

I walked back over to Steph. She looked concern. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "That boy. The one you threw against the wall. I know him. He's my brother's friend." She said. My eyes went wide.

Lindys POV

I lifted Hayes' body up and sat down. I layed him across my lap. I set the first aid on his legs.

"C'mon Hayes. I can't lose someone else. I've lost so many people in the 16 years of my life. 12 people is a lot. I miss them all so much. Please. I just can't let you be 13. That's a very unlucky number. And losing you will make me miserable as hell. I love you, poo bear." I whispered to him as I activated the compress.

I placed it on his head. "I promise never to leave if you promise never to, either." Hayes whispered. He was barely audible, but I heard him.

"I love you, Benjamin Hayes Grier. And if I would've lost you, I wouldn't talk to anyone ever again. I would lock myself in my room and stare at the ceiling all day. Everyday." I said to him. "Well. You wouldn't have lost me because I stay on this earth for you." He smiled.

"Guys. He's okay." I said to everyone. "Okay. But, Lindy. Steph said she has to tell you something." Michael said.

"Okay. What's up, Steph." I said. "That boy. Carter. I know him. He's my brother's friend." Steph said.

"Really?" I said. She nodded. "Wait. What's your last name?" I asked. "Wilkinson." She said.

\_________________________\