Chapter 23

Hayes' POV

Lindy and I walked away from Michael and Coraline and to history.

"Hopefully Mr. Stokedon is here. I dislike Mr. Paineley very much." Lindy huffed. I laughed. "I know. He really must not like us." I said as we entered the classroom.

There was no teacher in the room yet. Mr. Stokedon was usually late to class. So, we either had him or a substitute.

Me and Lindy were talking and we heard the door open. I turned and saw Mr. Paineley, Aaron, and Taylor.

"God dammit." Lindy muttered under her breath. I chuckled. "Ramirez. Grier. Come with me now." Mr. Paineley demanded. "Whatever." Lindy said to me as we got up.

We walked out the classroom and down the hall. "Um, Mr. Paineley. Where are we going?" Aaron asked, clearly confused. "Yea. That's somethin' I wanna know, too." Taylor stated.

"Are there any more questions?" Mr. Paineley asked us. We shook our heads. "Okay. Good. Well, since you guys decided to ditch detention, you-" Lindy cut Mr. Paineley off. "I'm not a guy." Lindy said and pointed to herself. Me, Taylor, and Aaron laughed.

"I understand that, Ms. Ramirez. Well, since you all decided to ditch detention, you're going to tutor some others." He said.

"Aaron, you will be tutoring.... Michael Smith. Taylor, you'll be tutoring.... josh Davidson. Hayes, you'll be tutoring.. Shawn Mendes because you're in advanced classes. Same to you, Lindia. You're gonna tutor... a senior!? Well, you'll be tutoring Cameron Dallas." He continued.

I looked to Lindy and she looked like she could've cried. I pulled her to my side, wrapping my arm around her waist. She put her head on my shoulder.

"Okay. You'll tutor them on you're free periods, right now, and after school. Doesn't matter if it's here at school or if you meet up somewhere after school. But as for free periods and right now, you are tutoring them in spree ate empty classrooms." Mr. Paineley said. We nodded and followed him.

"Okay. Aaron. You and Michael are studying in here." He said and pointed to the door. Aaron nodded and walked into the door.

We walked down a couple more halls and then stopped. "Taylor. You and josh are studying in here." He said and Taylor walked off, leaving me and Lindy.

After walking down another hallway, we stopped. "Okay. Lindia. You're in that classroom with Cameron." He paused and pointed to a classroom, then looked down at his clipboard. "And Hayes. You're in that classroom with Shawn."

The classrooms that Lindy and I are in were across the hall. We nodded and walked into the classrooms, after saying our goodbyes.

0________________________0