Chapter 21: A Hidden Key and Letter

They all looked at her astonished after hearing her words. She just closed her eyes as she smiled genuinely at them. Just as they try to walk over her decapitated head, a thick mist covered their whole surrounding, Kazumi's body and head disappeared too. It's so thick that they can't even see each other.

"Nee-san! Everyone!" Shinobu called.

"Shinobu-chan!" Kanae replied.

"Oi! Can you guys hear me?!" Sanemi looked around still holding his sword.

"Yeah! But we can't see you!" Tengen replied.

"I can't see anyone!" Mitsuri freaked out a little still holding her sword too as she look around.

'Is this made of Blood Demon Art? But I can't sense any demon.'
Kyojuro asked in his mind.

Shortly, they all felt their injuries and bruises healing slowly until it fully healed. They were all so surprised by this. By the time everyone's healed, the mist slowly dispersed and they managed to see each other again.

"Kanae-san! Nezuko!" Tanjiro ran towards them.

Kanae then passed Nezuko gently back to Tanjiro as she started to wake up.

"O-Onii-chan...." She muttered out as she slowly stand up.

"I'm glad you're alright.... yes I'm here." Tanjiro replied as he hug his sister.

And just as that, everyone's visions all went dark. They all opened their eyes as they sat up. They looked around and saw theirselves still inside the meeting room of the Ubuyashiki Estate. They all looked at the three demons who slowly opened their eyes.

"What.... just happened?" Mitsuri asked.

"Just a while ago.... we...." Muichiro muttered out.

"I thought we all ran out of here." Tengen said with a confused look.

"What you guys went through is nothing but a dream." Aoki said.

"Then.... if that's a dream, why does it felt so real?" Kyojuro asked.

"Because that dream.... is a dream of a possible future." Fuji answered.

"Possible.... future?" Yuichiro repeated.

"An event that could possibly happen in the near or distant future. What we showed you guys is the possibility of Master turning into a demon and facing everyone of you." Kai explained.

"So you mean.... Kazumi-sama could possibly turn into a demon?" Mitsuri asked.

"....Yes." Fuji answered.

"But still, it's just a possible one. It could change at anytime." Aoki said as he cross his arms.

"That said, there's still hope that she's alive as a human and not a demon." Gyomei replied.

The three demons just nodded in response as they all stood up.

"We'll call Kagaya back here to see you guys then we'll leave. We gotta go now." Fuji said as she closed the doors and walked away from the meeting room together with Aoki and Kai.

"In that dream.... she held herself back from killing us." Obanai said as he touch his right arm that was stabbed in that dream.

"Still.... she nearly did but.... I have a doubt." Muichiro replied placing a hand under his chin.

"Come on stop it, what happened was just a dream. Let's pray that it won't come true though." Kanae sighed.

They then turned to the picture frames that Tanjiro and Nezuko's now holding. The two siblings are staring at each frames they're holding. Tanjiro's currently holding the picture frame that Nezuko showed to Fuji. The others went over their way to see it too.