Chapter 88: Reincarnation

The maids kept on insulting and bad mouthing Kazumi while the slayers are still in shock of what they just found out. Kazumi kept silent as Misayo kept on crying on the ground being comforted by her maids. Muzan then came with his own servants following behind him. His eyes landed on Kazumi standing still then to Misayo.

"My lord, please give this slayer here a proper punishment. He pushed lady Misayo off the veranda. Please hear our plea." One of the maids begged as she bowed down followed by the other maids.

'I see, so they thought I'm a boy. That's great then!'

"Nii-sama, please forgive this slayer's ignorance. What happened was a mere accident." Misayo said wiping her tears.

"Please don't say that my lady. He pushed you off to fall, you're being too kind." The other maid comforted her.

"My lord, it seems like you have to make the right decision. You should punish the one who hurt your sister." His male servant whispered from behind.

"Agreed my lord. Lady Misayo's very kind to even tell you to forgive the one at fault." Another male servant agreed.

Muzan's expression and his temper is getting worst at every second hearing the maids comfort Misayo and even add up the ones behind him while seeing his real sister getting insulted. Soon, Kazumi faced him as she knelt down the veranda and bowed in front of him.

"My apologies for pushing her off, Kibutsuji-sama." She apologized raising her head up.
"I will take any punishment that you would offer me later. I've spent quite a lot of time here when I still have a mission to finish." She stood up bowing down again as she smile at him before turning around and walk away.

'I do hope he got what I'm trying to say.'

"Don't run away! Accept your punishment right now!" A maid yelled as Kazumi kept on walking away.

"Stop. Let him leave. Bring Misayo back to her quarters." He ordered as he turn away to leave clenching his fists tightly.

As the slayers follow her, they all walked out of the village and Riku showed up from behind the bushes. The two walked away to their destination for Kazumi's next mission.

"Reincarnation. So this Kazumi and the Kazumi we know are just one person?" Kagaya said.

"Yes. This is her past life or let's say her first life. In this life of hers, she was born as Muzan's sister. But on her second life, she was reborn to be his fated enemy. But not exactly his enemy."

"What do you mean by that?" Sakonji asked.

"It's quite a long story for me to tell. So find it out on your own."

"If this is her first life, when she was alive in our timeline, was she able to remember all of this?" Kagaya asked.

"Yes.... But it took her quite some time to remember it all. But of course, having her remember her past life is not a reason of her mastering Frost Breathing. She managed to master the same breathing before she managed to regain the memories of her past life."

Their scene changed again showing Kazumi and Sora walking in a forest together. Kazumi's now sitting on Riku's back as Sora walk beside them.

"Ne, Kazumi-chan! Seems like you're being sent quite often at the Kibutsuji Estate." Sora said starting a conversation.

"What do you mean?"

"No need to hide it. You see, the village assigned to me to keep on watch is near the village where his estate is so I sometimes visit there. I would sometimes see you walk towards his place."