Chapter 118: Talk

(To those who would like to see Tsukika's character info and her b*tchiness, you may go to my artbook/ random book.)

     Their scene changed as they watch Kazumi running after Akaza throughout the woods. She would land on the same spot as him as if trying to keep up with his speed but in reality, she can go faster if only she's not following him. This didn't seem like to be a bother to him not until she landed right in front of him.

"You...." Akaza muttered out eyeing her.

"Hello there Akaza-san." She greeted him with a smile on her face.

"Don't get in my way brat!"

He jumped up and away from her as she immediately followed him. Just as he go further, the forest ground upfront turned into shoji doors as they open. With that, Akaza jumped in as Kazumi followed right after just seconds before the doors completely closed. And just that, she has entered the demon's lair, the infinity fortress.

'Behind.'

She bent her knees down as she dodge Akaza's punch from behind and jumped away dodging his kick. Instead of looking pissed, he smiled at her as she tilt her head to her side.

"If you managed to follow me here, you must be such a very strong one too. Maybe stronger than Kyojuro or just faster. But in any way, you look weak and short." He said standing right up.

"Eh? Please don't mistaken me being stronger. And besides, I didn't come here to kill you, just talk that's all."

"Huh? No, no, we'll fight. And if I see you talented enough, then I'll give you a great offer."

"Wait! Aka—" She got cut off as she dodge his kick directed to her face and jumping away as he sent a wave of punches.

Everyone saw how the walls behind her previous spot got crushed as she's on the other side unscathed. She kept dodging one after another of Akaza's attacks as he kept on going. The slayers were all shocked watching her dodge each of them so perfectly without getting hit nor using her sword. She even deflected some of his kicks and punches with her bare hands changing the direction and land of his attacks.

"Dammit! At least attack me! Pull your damn sword out!" He cursed.

"No! As I said, I came here to talk!" She split down the floor and bent forward dodging his kick to her waist.
"I'm sorry!"

"What?"

He stopped hearing her apology as he looked at her in confusion. He stopped attacking as she knelt down properly on the floor. She sighed as she look at him in the eye.

"Akaza-san, a short time is all I need."

".... This is the first time I heard a human such as you who is a slayer to sincerely say that to a demon. Now talk."

"Yes, I did followed you to find out that man's lair but I didn't follow you to kill you. Despite being an upper moon, I know there's still that little humanity you have left in you. I want you to at least realize that. Basically, I'd like to spare you."

".... Humanity.... Hell as if! I can't even remember my human memories! Now you're telling me that?! And spare me?! Are you underestimating me kid?!" Akaza clenched his fists as he glare at her.
"Time's up kid."

But instead of seeing her draw her sword out, he instead saw her bowing down the floor with her head touching it. This took him off guard seeing her not even flinching from fear nor even looking at him with anger and hatred.

"I apologize on behalf of all the humans who made you take this path in the past. I don't know what happened to you but.... I could sense it." She lift her head back up as she look at him and smiled.
"I could tell.... that you are once a caring and loving young man who just lost his loved ones too."