Chapter 80: Pillar

(A/N: I can seriously feel my own sadness in the video above.)

Their scene changed again as Kazumi's now standing at Haru's front porch holding his blood dipped and torn happi. The cloth that was once so clean and white now torn up and almost covered with blood. She opened the door as she enter and walk towards Haru's room. On her way there, Toshiaki saw her. As he's about to happily greet her, he saw the happi she's holding. His expression turned into a pained one as he ran towards her and instantly hugged her.

"I.... wasn't able to save him." Kazumi muttered out almost in a whisper.

"It's not your fault, don't blame yourself."

The two fell on their knees as Toshiaki slowly cried while Kazumi just hugged him back.

"Come on! I'm supposed to be the one comforting you so why am I the one crying?" He cried.

Their scene changed again as Kazumi's now standing in front of the closed shoji doors with a lady in front of her. The lady then announced their presence as the doors opened revealing eight men sitting on the tatami mat and in front of them is an old man with white hair whose white beard is long enough to reach the top of his chest, sitting on a huge cushion, he's wearing a red kimono with gold colored patterns, a black belt, and a dark red haori with kanji characters of their family name 'Ubuyashiki' embroidered on the back with gold colored threads.

Beside the old man is a boy the same age as Yoriichi and Toshiaki, he has a long black hair reaching just below his shoulders and pale lavender colored eyes like that of wisteria flowers, he's wearing a purple kimono with a black belt and a white haori with flower patterns by the end of his sleeves and hem.

Not only is he alone but there's also another one who look older, a young man sitting at the other side of the old man, he has a brown hair tied in low ponytail ending just above his waist and the same pale lavender colored eyes, wearing a dark blue kimono with a black belt and a blue haori.

Kazumi then bowed in front of the old man first before kneeling down the tatami mat as behind her are the men they supposed to be the current Pillars since Yuki's with them. The slayers looked at each and everyone of them displaying serious expressions, their eyes concentrated towards the old man.

"Good day everyone." The old man greeted breaking the deafening silence.

"Good day to you too, grand elder." Kazumi and the men greeted in unison as they all bow.

"I am glad to have everyone of you here my dear children of the corps. It honestly makes me sad about the lost of Momiji Haru, the Spring Pillar from his fight against the major rank demon two. He fought well until his very last breath. His lost might've happened just last night, I also asked for a certain slayer's presence to be here." He then looked at Kazumi who, despite the lost of her father figure, is smiling.
"The slayer I called for today had defeated major rank demon four. Therefore, gaining the position of a Pillar replacing Momiji Haru. Please face them and introduce yourself."

"G-Grand elder, I thought I'm only here to report. I mean, no one told me about replacing Haru-san." Kazumi said in a calm and gentle manner that made everyone in the room surprised despite stuttering at first.
"I don't think I deserve that position you're offering me. So please, reconsider."

The room went silent again as Hanare snapped her fingers. Now they heard the old man's thoughts.

'This girl.... a lot of slayers aspire to be in the position of a Pillar yet she rejected it and even asked for reconsideration. Quite a humble child I see. Humble yet I can feel she's quite powerful.'

With that, Hanare snapped her fingers again going back to Kazumi.

"Say young one, how old are you?" The old man asked.

Kazumi sweatdropped as she gulped down. She didn't know whether to lie or to tell the truth. And so she dug her own death bed.

".... I'm eleven."

'She lied.'
The slayers and Kagaya all thought.

Yuki flinched after hearing her answer as he awkwardly smiled looking as if he's screaming inside.

"I see, you're quite very young. But the last time I remember, Haru told me you're eight."

This shocked the Pillars behind her as Kazumi just gulped down sweating coldly. Now all their eyes and attention are directed to her.

'Please stop! Please just believe that I'm eleven!.'

Yuki then raised his right hand as the old man permitted him to speak.

"That is actually true grand elder, she's eight and I suppose, she'll be turning nine in just a few months or weeks." He said as he smirk on her back.

Kazumi just sighed as she finally gave up.

"I lied because I thought no one would believe me, but yes. I'm eight. But still, I don't want to accept the position."

Yuki then stood up with a smirk on his face. The rest of the slayers looked at him then to Kazumi as they display a smiling face while a certain man with a spiky blue hair and pink eyes sighed facepalming himself shaking his head. Another man then with a straight short navy blue hair and black eyes just sighed too as he look away.

"Tomioka-san look, that man's expression reminds me of yours. Someone who is disliked by everyone." Shinobu teased looking at that navy blue haired man.

Giyu remained silent as he just look at the slayers. His eyes then landed on a certain someone who has a black hair tied in a ponytail fading to dark purple, he has the same dark purple eyes as Yuki and the same blue kimono, but the chest part is closed.

"Just to think of it, that man looked like Yuki, they must be siblings." Giyu said gaining everyone's attention.

The Pillars tried to persuade Kazumi to accept the position as the certain three men remained in their spot watching them. The grand elder watched too smiling as his younger grandson stuff in his laughter while the older one just sighed.

Finally, Kazumi gave up on rejecting them and accepted the position.

"Now then, present yourself properly my child."

Kazumi then stood up facing all of them and spoke in her calm and gentle manner.

"It's my pleasure to be accepted as a Pillar. I, Momiji Kazumi is now the Frost Pillar of the Demon Slayer Corps. Replacing the spot my deceased father, the former Spring Pillar Momiji Haru, left behind."

(A/N: She used it! She used his surname! I-I'm not crying!..... *cries in the corner*)

'Haru-san, are you happy? Are you seeing this? I'm sure you are. I promise to do my best, even if you're not here anymore. Because I know, just as what you told me, you'll always be by my side.'