Chapter 42: Understand

Kazumi's now inside Ringo's room again. Today, Ringo's voice has become a bit better than yesterday when she just woke up.

"I'm glad you're doing fine despite being gone for long, Master." Ringo said.

"Me too, but I'm sure such happiness of mine won't last." Kazumi replied.

Ringo have a confused look on her face as she look at Kazumi who's now looking outside the window.

"What do you mean?" Ringo asked.

"I showed Kagaya-san and Amane-san the upper moons I spared. As expected, they didn't accept them." Kazumi answered as she kept her smile while looking outside.

Ringo's eyes widened as she hear what Kazumi's answer. It's as if time stopped for a second in her eyes. For a full minute, the two stayed silent.

"Well.... they're upper moon demons, they surely would never be accepted by the corps." Ringo looked down.

"How about you, Ringo-san?" Kazumi looked at Ringo who also looked at her.
"Would you also accept them?"

".... Even though it'll be a hard thing to do, as long as they prove that they've change, then I'll try my best to understand their side and accept them. You said it before, if there are good and bad humans the same goes with the demons. You also said that, if humans can change then so are demons." Ringo answered as she sadly smile.

"I see, I'm glad you still remember that." Kazumi sigh as she close her eyes and smile.

"If Kagaya couldn't accept it, what's going to happen now?" Ringo asked.

"Well for that.... he gave me a month to change my mind for sparing the upper moons. If I wouldn't change my mind within a month, I'll be labeled as a traitor of the corps and therefore, have the Pillars come after me and my friends." Kazumi answered as she kept her eyes locked on Ringo's.

"That's unacceptable! Kazumi-sama! You helped them for so long! Do they even know what gratitude is?!" Ringo exclaimed as she grip on her blanket tightly.
"Can't that man think straight?! As the leader, he's supposed to understand! Why is he backing out now?!"

"Please calm down, I understand his side. I understand them too. I know it's not easy for them." Kazumi caressed Ringo's back as she started to sob.

"Of course you do! You always understand other people! You always understand and consider us! But who will understand and consider you amongst them?! They who don't even know a single thing about you?!" Ringo sobbed.

Kazumi stayed silent as she just hug Ringo and rub circles on her back comforting her as she kept her smile. Ringo kept on sobbing as she hug Kazumi back.

'Don't worry, Ringo-san. Banishing me from the corps would only give me more time to concentrate on my plans and unveil them one after another.'
Kazumi thought as she kept hugging and comforting Ringo.
'They underestimated the wrong person.'

     Tengen's now sitting on the veranda of his home as he watch the slayers train. His wives are all busy cooking and preparing foods for the slayers to eat. As he watch, he looked at his side to see an image of him and Kazumi sitting together having tea back then, this made him smile. But his smile then disappeared along with the image as he look back to the slayers training.

'I wonder what kind of mentor would she be if she's here? I bet she'll be giving easy tasks to these slackers. But seeing how strong Ringo is.... I guess I can have a bit of doubt.'
Tengen thought as he smile at himself crossing his arms.