Chapter 63: 'Pawns'

It has been so long since Obanai and Mitsuri faced Nakime and none of the two managed to give her a single cut. They kept on being blocked with doors or that the platform she's staying at kept on moving.

'Come on! Dammit! It's not deadly but her blood demon art's so annoying!'
Obanai ranted in his mind.

"Nakime-san."

A voice called in her head.

"Kazumi-sama, do you have any orders?"

Nakime replied in her mind as the two talked through telepathy.

"Gather them."

"As you wish."

With that, Nakime strummed her biwa. Instead of single a strum, she strummed her biwa as if she's playing a tune. Every platform in the room moved like a puzzle and the doors opened and closed. Just a few more strums and all the Pillars who have finished facing the upper moons, with the other low ranking slayers with them, are now in the room. All except for Sanemi, Muichiro, Yuichiro, Gyomei, and Genya who are still dealing with Kokushibou.

'In just a blink of an eye Giyu-san and I fell in here.'
Tanjiro thought as he looked at everyone then to Nakime.

'Is it that demon who brought us all here?'
Kyojuro asked himself mentally as he glare at Nakime.

She could feel all their glares directed at her as she stayed calm not even bothered by it. Everyone started to move in an attempt to attack her but she managed to remain unscathed. But their number and speed makes it hard for her too.

After minutes of cat and mouse, Nakime could feel her energy draining. But just that, she again played a short tune. Shortly after that, the slayers who faced Kokushibou fell right into the room. They all landed on their feet as they look at everyone.

'I see, so this demon gathered us all in one place. Just what is she planning?'
Kanae asked herself as she look directly at Nakime's eye.

"This is.... all I can do. My duty here is finished." Nakime said speaking to them for the first time.

Mitsuri, Obanai, Kyojuro, and Gyomei then surrounded her in a blink of an eye. They expected her to strum her biwa again as to protect herself but she didn't as their attacks reached her and decapitated her head, as her head fall down the platform, the room started to ramble and break and they all panicked feeling the platform they're standing on move up.

"WAAAAH! THIS IS CRAZY!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING?!" Mitsuri cried as she's now lying on the floor with her back like the others.

"I KNEW IT! THAT DEMON TRAPPED US ALL IN ONE ROOM TO DIE!" Sanemi yelled in anger covering Genya under him.

Just that, a huge explosion happened on the outside as the fortress emerged out of the ground. The rubbles ended up getting scattered as the slayers ended up getting minor injuries.

"Is everyone alright?!" Kanae asked in an instant.

"Yeah.... *coughs*.... still alive." Yuichiro replied as Muichiro help him to stand up.

"What's this? A forest?" Tengen asked as he look at their surrounding covered in trees and felt a little blood drip down the side of his face from his head.

Just as they dust theirselves off, they all jumped away sensing an incoming attack. As the dusts subsided down, they saw a familiar figure standing in front of everyone. They all got theirselves ready as they all held their swords.

Kazumi's clothes hasn't changed at all and so is the length of her hair. But instead of having an ash-gray color with black tips, her hair now is white due to Tamayo's poison. The attack was caused by whips with huge blades coming out from both her palms made out of her blood. Her left eye still covered as her glowing green eyes coldly look at them.