Chapter 55: Loyalty

The Pillars and Tanjiro stayed at the Ubuyashiki Estate until sunrise guarding the family in any case of demon attacks. The night turned out just fine as no demons showed up after Kazumi. Kagaya also stayed unconscious sleeping on his futon in his room with no signs of waking up. They guessed that it was some sort of blood demon art as there was no trace of any poison inside and outside his body. The slayers are now inside the usual meeting room with Amane.

"Amane-sama, what is it that you must tell us?" Gyomei asked.

"The truth is, Kibutsuji Muzan is already dead." Amane answered right away.

They all have shocked expressions on their faces at Amane's answer as they all stayed silent.

"How? Who's even able to do such a thing?" Sanemi asked.

"Kazumi. She told us when she came back a month ago. And that's not all, some members of the upper moons are under her command now." Amane informed them which only shocked them even more, but most especially, scared them to the bone.

They couldn't process it all at once. Kazumi who is now a demon turned out to be the one who eliminated the progenirator. This just made them even more confused and at the same time, scared.

"But then, seeing her now, I doubt Muzan being dead. Me and the Master really can't prove whether Muzan's really dead or not at first. But seeing the upper moons now under her command, that was already enough evidence for us that Muzan's dead." Amane added.

"What should we do now? Aoki-san had said it before, once she's a demon, there's a possibility that she'll be able to surpass Muzan." Obanai said.

"With the looks of it, she's a newly turned demon so there's still a chance she hasn't surpassed him yet." Gyomei replied.

"But even so, the upper moons are still with her and also those three. I'm sure that whatever she does, they'll follow and obey her."

"Shinazugawa-san's right, that's why we shouldn't randomly underestimate her." Kyojuro agreed.

"In any case, we should eliminate her as soon as possible. She spent almost her whole life slaying demons and helping the corps. She knows a lot about us which just gives her the upper hand. The longer she'll live, the stronger she'll become. We also couldn't go to the Frost Estate as I'm sure it'll only make the conflict worst, I'm also sure Kazumi's aware that we might question them about her whereabouts so she didn't tell them anything." Amane explained.
"But then, if we threaten them, it's like adding fuel to the fire. We can't do such a thing as it'll affect the children living there too. And who knows, she might still be secretly watching over them."

"Should we announce this to the other slayers and warn them about her?" Tengen asked.

"No, we should keep this to ourselves. She might just hide and run away further if she finds out that each and every slayer has been warned about her turning into a demon so only all of you who are in this room should be the one to know about it." Amane answered.

Tanjiro kept on looking down the whole time as the rest talked about their plans on how to defeat Kazumi. He couldn't process everything at all, he's still in shock seeing Kazumi turn into a demon last night.

'Kazu-kun is smart and strong, she surely can outsmart everyone of us so, how are we suppose to defeat her? If she defeated Muzan, I'm pretty sure she could be a stronger enemy.'
Tanjiro thought not being able to hear Giyu calling his name.

"Tanjiro." Giyu finally tapped his right shoulder bringing him back to reality.
"Are you listening?"

"I'm sorry, Tomioka-san. I was so deep in my own thoughts I didn't hear a thing." Tanjiro replied.