Chapter 76: Toshiaki

Toshiaki slowly calmed himself down breathing in and out closing his eyes as he open them shortly while the slayers and Kagaya all stood there in silence after hearing Hanare's words to them.

"But his eyes are quite different." Tengen pointed out.

They all looked at it again seeing it really has a different color. Instead of  having a yellow color and red irides, he has a pair of brown colored eyes.

"You're right, it's not the same as what we Rengokus have now." Kyojuro agreed.

"Maybe his future wife could be the one to have the eye color you and your family currently have now." Kanae said putting a hand under her chin as she tilt her head.

"Then how about your mother?" Kazumi asked facing him.

"My mother died of poison just a year ago."

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

Their conversation went on leading to them and Kazumi finding out that even if he have a few relatives, he doesn't want to go back as they are rivals of his father in wealth. He's afraid they might just abuse him now that he's an orphan. And what surprised them, he also shared that he got his hair and eyebrows from his mother.

"What? Sorry but I really can't see you." Kazumi pointed at the bandages around her eyes.

"I'm really sorry! I forgot! You see, when I mention to other people I got it from my mother they just won't believe me. They think I'm joking not until they see my mother's and father's appearance."

"Now I want to see how his mother looked like." Mitsuri said.

"Me too, I'm curious." Tanjiro agreed.

"A lady with forked eyebrows...." Sanemi imagined it in his head as he close his eyes.
".... Not bad for me."

"And here I thought it was us men who only have it in the family. Turns out it's from a woman all this time." Shinjuro facepalmed himself.

After that, their scene changed again as Toshiaki's now watching Kazumi train with her sword swings outside from the veranda. He watched her with pure awe struck eyes as she swing her sword vice versa then spin it throwing it to the air then spinning her body as she catch it.

"Just to think of it, her looking like that makes her an exact copy if Azakura. They're like twins." Obanai said watching her move.

"Yeah, although the Kazumi in front of us has a bit of a longer hair." Sanemi agreed.

Now, the both of them are sitting inside having dinner.

"Sorry, I'm not really good at cooking. I must've been quite a burden." Toshiaki apologized as he munch on his food with teary eyes.

"Don't say that, once we're back I'll teach you."

"What? H-How? You mean you still got another home?!"

Kazumi just nodded in response as she chew on her food and gulp it.

"Let's just say I got luckily adopted and this is my former home. I just came back here to train and visit my mother."

"Mother? Where?"

"The one outside."

Toshiaki almost choked on his food as he grab his cup of water and drink it. He coughed out a little before speaking again.

"Sorry, sorry. Well b-by the way, I'm twelve already. How about you?"

"I'm eight."

And this time he dropped his chopsticks out of shock and disbelief. He look so dumbfounded as he stayed silent.