Chapter 79: Father

(A/N: Sorry guys but I'm thirsty.)

     Their scene changed again as the night has turned to day, Kazumi's now feasting on waternelons with Toshiaki and Riku outside on the veranda when Haru came.

"Is it delicious?" He asked as he join them taking one slice.

"Yeah! They're juicy!"

Haru just chuckled seeing her happily eating it.

"Just how many watermelons did you get, Kazumi?" Toshiaki asked getting his fourth slice.

"Twenty. Yuki-san said he'll pay for it."

"So that's why he look so pale when I visited him. Good job emptying his pocket. Just what he had done to me."

"Really? What happened?"

"That stupid monkey dared to eat a ton of food not even knowing he lost his wallet. Unfortunately, I was in the same restaurant and he passed me the bill. And it just happened a year ago."

'It's quite funny how he didn't to let go of it even after a year.'

The three just laughed hearing him as they eat. Just then, a stranger arrived at Haru's front porch as he went to get whoever it is. Shortly after that, he came back with a man behind him wearing a clown mask. The man has a dark green hakama pants and a light brown kimono carrying something wrapped up with a cloth.

"Kazumi-chan, I'd like you to meet your swordsmith, he's Tomiju Chosuke-san." Haru said as the man sat down with them.

"Good morning, Tomiju-san! I'm Kazumi!" She greeted him as she grab a slice of watermelon.
"Would you like some?"

"Thank you." He replied as he grab the water melon lifting up his mask a little only showing his mouth as he eat it.

"Haru-san, are you sure about this sword? I mean, it arrived quite earlier than expected."

"No worries kid, I started making this two weeks ago. I'm fast at doing my crafts." Chosuke said taking a bite on his watermelon.
"That said, how old are you? You're quite a tall boy despite being young."

".... I'm 8 and I'm actually a girl."

Chosuke stopped chewing on his watermelon as he put it down and instantly grabbed Haru's collar as he stood up.

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOUR CHILD'S A GIRL! AND I'M BEING SERIOUS HERE! HOW CRUEL OF YOU TO SEND HER SLAYING DEMONS AT SUCH AGE?! I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A PILLAR! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING?!"

Kazumi and Toshiaki just sweatdropped as they continue to eat.

"I think you should've just lied about your age." Toshiaki whispered.

"Yeah... but guess it's too late now."

After a while, Chosuke managed to calm down as they're still on the veranda. Kazumi and Toshiaki are still munching on their last slice of watermelon.

"Here's your sword young one. As you know, it's a nichirin blade, a sword especially made to fight demons. Now unsheathe it and let's see what color did you get?"

Kazumi then pulled the string holding the cloth close as she unwrap it. It showed a sword with a black scabbard, a black hilt, and a gold colored sword guard. She held it in her hands as she grabbed the hilt and unsheathe her sword. She lifted it up in front of her as it turn into a pitch black color.

"Amazing...." Chosuke praised.
"None of my past clients ever had a pitch black sword."

"Really? What's the color of your blade, Haru-san?"