Chapter 124: Forgive

Kazumi's now still lying down on her futon as she stare at the ceiling. Her temperature still hasn't decreased ever since she lost conciousness after her fight. As she get surrounded by nothing but silence, Akaza came in holding a bucket of warm water and a towel and some clean bandages.

"Hello Akaza-san." She greeted him with a smile despite her hoarse voice.

"How are you Kazumi-sama?" He asked as he sat down beside her.
"Nakime, Daki, and Gyuutaro went out to get you some new bandages and clothes. Kokushibou's out checking if there are still demons nearby inside this fortress."

"I see. I'm fine and besides, please don't call me so formally like that. I'm fine with just Kazumi."

"I insist."

He dipped the towel down into the water as he squeezed it before gently putting it on her forehead. After that, he carefully held her right arm as he fold her sleeve back and unwrap her old bandages with blood stains. They watched at how careful he is at doing so. Applying the medicine gently before wrapping it back up with new ones.

"You seem to know how to take care of a sick person. Were you a doctor yourself back then?" Kazumi asked as she watch him unwrap the bandages on her left arm.

"No, just used to it.... I had a sick father and took care of him, when he died, I took care of my mentor's ill daughter." He answered as he apply medicine on her wound.

"Ara~, such a very kind man you are. I'm sorry to hear it though. But, was your mentor's daughter able to overcome her illness?"

"Yes, she even became my fiancée. Unfortunately, my mentor and her both died of poison.... caused by our rival dojo back then."

".... I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked that many. It looks like your memories has already come back."

"It's fine. It's you whom I'm opening this up to and not just anyone and also, about my memories, it came back when you killed that man."

He finished bandaging up her arms as he went on to her left leg. He unwrapped them as he also applied medicine on them and doing the same thing to her other leg as he finished it up.

"My blood is poison, it must've been a challenge for you guys to nurse me. I'm sorry." She apologized looking at Akaza's back.

"Don't be." He faced her as he took the towel off her forehead again and dip it into the water.
"It doesn't bother us at all. After all, you've done that for us too not only for the humans. We should be the one saying sorry." He put the towel back on her forehead as he sat down there with her.
"After everything that we had done, we don't deserve to be spared by such a person as kind as you. Nursing you is not even enough to repay you for that."

"You guys don't have to repay me at all. I did that because I know you guys could still change for the better. Everything change and so does everyone. I prolly did what came into my mind." She gave him a closed eye smile as she weakly lift her hands up and gently put it on his.
"And I'm glad to see you guys change."

Akaza then gently held her hand too as he gave her a slight nod. After a while, Nakime came in with Ume as Akaza walk out carrying the dirty bandages.

"You two are back. How's the night walk outside?" Kazumi said smiling at them.

"We got you clothes again from my place! And as always, Red Light District is full of people at night it's so bothersome." Daki answered as she put the clothes down and show it to her.

"We also bought some soup for you to eat. We can't let you eat solid foods yet since your system's still too weak to digest them." Nakime showed her the soup they bought putting it on the table.