Chapter 130: Last Moments

Tamayo then walked closer to her as she held Kazumi's supposedly left arm, but as she grab it, she felt nothing but a cloth. Her breath hitched as her hands tremble touching it.

"How long.... how long are you going to let yourself suffer?" She asked holding her tears back.

"Until I finish this. These things happened because of me. If only I ended everything back then, no demons would be going around eating people and people losing their loved ones from them as others turn into one."
Kazumi answered facing up.
"But I failed miserably. So it's only right for me to pay for it."

"What do you mean? I can't understand you. What did you fail to do?"

"I was a slayer from the past that has been reincarnated back here. Long story short, I failed to kill the original progenirator and so he continued on to his evil deeds."

"But you already killed him! Muzan's dead! So why are you still doing this?!"

"Tamayo-san.... even if I already killed him I myself is still a threat.... my body's too weak already to hold my power and so, I'm slowly losing it.... my sanity. If that happens, humans would surely face annihilation and this world would surely face destruction."

Tamayo and Yushiro flinched as their eyes widen looking at her. Aoki then sadly looked down knowing that what she just stated is true. Silence enveloped them as Kazumi spoke again.

"If that happens, no one would be able to stop me. That's why.... I wanted to die before I even reach my breaking point."

Kazumi started to walk away as her sleeves slip out from Tamayo's hands. But as she do so, the two chased her and hugged her.

"We'll help the corps..... we won't tell them anything about tonight." Tamayo said hugging her tightly.
"But please, let me just hug you like this for a while. Knowing that this will be the last time.... I'll do this to you."

".... Alright." Kazumi lifted her arm up hugging her as she lean her head on Yushiro who's hugging her too.

"You're such.... an idiot." Yushiro stuttered gripping tightly on her clothes.
"A selfless idiot."

"Yeah, I guess I am."

The watchers looked at them silently clenching their clothes tightly as they look down. They could feel so much guilt and regret inside that they don't even know how to react. As their scene changed again, it showed Kazumi in her demon form in her room in the fortress. The upper moons shortly entered as they sit in front of her.

"You called for us Kazumi-sama?" Kokushibou asked.

"Yes." She answered putting down her brush.
"I called everyone to give you all an offer."

"Offer? But why?" Daki asked tilting her head to the side.

"As you all know, tonight will be the last. Do you all want to turn back into humans? I can do that. I can use my blood demon art to turn you all back. Once everyone of you turned back into humans, you guys can live with the people at different places."

"Then how about you?"

"I'll stay here and finish everything Akaza-san. If everyone of you accept my offer now, then I'll do it right away. I can also summon copies to take your places as the upper moons who would show up to them. The copies would still have the same power and ability as everyone of you so it would still feel and look like they're the real upper moons."

"You mean, we can live our lives peacefully as humans after this if we become one now?" Douma asked.

"Exactly. I've seen how much you guys changed in such a short span of time, so I'm offering this. I know it'll take time but, you guys would surely be able to adjust."