Chapter 97: Fujikase

As everyone looked so confused at her words and at the same time scared, she clapped her hands twice. At that moment, black mist surrounded them as it got thicker and there appeared Inosuke, Zenitsu, Genya, Kanao, and Amane.

"W-what the?!" Zenitsu freaked out.
"T-Tanjiro! Where are we?"

"The past." Hanare answered as the five new comers looked at her.

"A demon! How dare you put us here!"

"Shut up you stupid boar." Hanare coldly replied as she glare down at him that made him shiver and hide behind Tanjiro.

Kanao didn't speak too out of fear as she stayed behind both Kanae and Shinobu. Genya just gulped down as he hid behind his brother too while Amane stood beside her husband.

"Why bring them here?" Sakonji asked.

"As I said, I like to see more people regret their actions."

They explained to them what's happening as they all understood that they've been teleported to the past and are now in Kazumi's past life.

"So, does that mean.... reincarnation is really true?" Zenitsu asked.

"It is. That's why we're all here. To see what really happened from the past." Tanjiro answered.

"And now, everyone's saying that, Oyakata-sama and Muzan are not related at all but instead, it's Kazumi and Muzan." Genya said.

"That's right. It turns out that our families are just in close relationship and are helping each other." Kagaya answered.

"And, the one with us is Hanare-sama, the founder and the very first head of the corps?" Amane asked.

"Yes. Before she handed it to our family." Kagaya answered again.

Just then, their scene changed again. Kazumi's now walking around the forest with Riku near a village as to do her mission.

'They said that most shinobis die in this forest because of a demon. And what's more, it is said that only chosen ones got eaten.'

She continued to walk when Riku growled facing the bushes. She soon sprinted towards that direction as she easily pinned the demon against a huge tree bark with her sword and body. But instead of the sharp part of the sword pointed on the demon's neck, it's the opposite side.

They look at the demon as she has a long black messy hair and a ragged and dirty pink kimono as her dark-pink eyes with slanted pupils glare at Kazumi. She has a greenish skin color, four of what seemed like hands made out of shadows coming out of her back held Kazumi's shoulders and arms.

"A slayer.... seems like you're different from those who were sent a few days ago." The demon spoke.

"Nope, I'm still a slayer. Now tell me, why didn't you attack me?" Kazumi asked as the two struggle still keeping her smile.

"Because you're different. I don't smell any kind of bad intention from you."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe you've heard it already but, I choose who I eat. I know when someone abuses a person and so, I eat them. I eat those who don't deserve to be alive at all. Those who don't deserve to live."

'Abuse.... so that's the reason why most missing people are men. Shinobis really are kinda twisted.'

"I couldn't agree more." Tengen said.
"I'm a shinobi myself and honestly, our father's a one twisted man himself."

"How about you? Why don't you kill me? You could've cut my head off instead of pinning me like this."

"Because I want answers. And also because for me, you're different too. Now if you won't run away nor fight back, I swear I'll spare you."