Chapter 72: Overprotective

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUH?!!!"

The slayers all exclaimed as they all have visible shocked expressions on their faces looking at her. They shortly went silent from shock before they face Hanare.

Tengen: "NO! THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT! SHE HAS THE SAME NAME AS AZAKURA!"

Sanemi: "YOU'RE F*CKING KIDDING ME!"

Shinobu: "THIS IS TOO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE ALREADY!"

Obanai: "NO! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!"

Kyojuro: "TELL ME SHE'S LYING! THEY JUST HAVE THE SAME NAME, RIGHT?! RIGHT?!"

Mitsuri:  "WAAAH! THIS SO UNBELIEVABLE! NOW THERE ARE TWO KAZUMIS!"

(A/N: Gods, if only they knew Tanjiro met a different Kazumi who lost his fiancée from three demons who abduct young ladies.)

They all kept on yelling as Hanare started to irk up gritting her teeth.

"EVERYONE, SHUT UP! BEHAVE YOURSELVES, NOW!" She yelled at them which made them all instantly close their mouths.
"Talk and I'll kick you guys back to your bodies."

They instantly zipped their mouth shut scared of her threat and glare. They just looked forward when their surrounding changed again. Haru's now wiping Kazumi's long hair with a towel as she's sitting in front of him, the both of them sitting outside on the veranda.

"There you go, the dye's completely off now." Haru said as he put the towel aside revealing Kazumi's ash-gray hair with black tips.

This just made the slayers' jaws to drop wide open. They couldn't even believe what they're seeing, not only do they have the same name but also the same hair color.

"Well, I guess this is understandable." Shinjuro mumbled out.

They then looked at him then to Kyojuro.

"Yeah, you and your sons look alike as if you guys are triplets of varying age." Sakonji replied.

The father and son then looked at each other.

"Urokodaki-san got a point there." Kyojuro said.

"Kazumi-chan, if you could turn into a demon, why can't you just regenerate your eyes? Don't you want to see again?"

".... It's better this way. For me to see nothing but darkness. I also do this as an act of repentance for what I've done. Not only did I eat my friend but I also broke my promise." Kazumi explained.
"Being blind's not even enough for me as punishment."

"I see. But I guess one day, you won't be able to stop yourself from regenerating them to see again."

"Yes, I'm still gonna be able to see once I open my eyes but, I'll never be able to see colors again as I have rejected to completely heal it in the first place."

Her words just made Haru sad as he kept on combing her hair.

"Haru-san, aren't you going to be punished once they found out you took in a demon?"

"I don't mind getting punished, I'll accept it. As long as I know what I've done was right."

'What a brave soul he has. He didn't even hesitate to answer.'

"This just reminds me of our Pillar meeting back then, when Tanjiro was found guilty of carrying a demon with him." Kagaya said.
"Seems like you aren't the first one to disobey that kind of rule, Tanjiro."

Tanjiro just smiled at him as he nodded in response and looked back to Haru and Kazumi.

"Haru-san, about what you told me last night, have you ever had any daughter that made you say such things?" She asked swinging her feet hanging on the edge of the veranda.