Chapter 43: Food

Kazumi's now standing on the rooftop of the estate as she look up the night sky. But then, the silence surrounding her got suddenly interrupted when she sensed an incoming presence from outside the village. A presence she know well as she stood up and leave.

A figure is seen jumping from tree to tree as this figure get closer to the village. As the figure comes out of the shadows now so close to the village gates, it's revealed to be a girl. She has a pale grayish complexion with a red short hair and silver colored eyes with slanted pupils. She's wearing a long sleeved gray shirt and black hakama pants, she also has a green scarf on her shoulders covering her head. She stopped for a while as she look at the gates and enter.

"Sheesh! I just hope I find her in this village this time. This is like the one thousandth village I visited just to look for her!" The demon grumbled scratching her head.

The village is silent as she walked around seeing no one outside. She looked around seeing the closed doors of the houses.

'Man.... simple villages like this are really different from cities and some villages with lots of people at night and so bright. I wonder if Ka-chan is here. I really wanna see her now.'
The demon thought.

Unbeknownst to her, someone's already watching her from the shadows. As she kept on looking around, she dodged an incoming senbon needle from behind her as it hit the ground.

"Come out whoever you are! How dare you try to attack me!" The demon exclaimed as she look at her surrounding.

"Seems like you're still the same, Kazumo-san."

The demon turned around as she hear a voice from behind her. Her eyes widened like saucers as she tear up and run towards Kazumi hugging her.

"Waaaaah! It's been so long! So, so, long! I kept on looking for you for more than three years!" The demon known as Kazumo cried.

Kazumo was also a slave of Hibiki who's just the same age as Asano and Fu, and now she's twenty. She changed her real name into Kazumo by the time she became friends with Kazumi and treated her like her younger sister. Kazumo turned into a demon during the escape resulting to her having to run away in order not to devour the other escapees with her. Hibiki tricked her back then into helping her and giving her a home after she ran away from her family due to them abusing her and betraying her by giving her a gift that turned out to be a stolen item from a noble which resulted for her running away for her life, that's how she ended up being his slave. Kazumi's the only person she managed to remember after turning into a demon. As a demon now, she got used on being barefooted as she doesn't wear any shoes or slippers.

"Please calm down now Kazumo-san." Kazumi said as she pat the older girl's back.

"Huh?! Have you forgotten how to call me properly?! Who made you forget it?! Who?! I swear I'm going to kick their ass!" Kazumo exclaimed as she violently shake Kazumi.

"Wait.... I'm dizzy."

Kazumo then stopped upon realizing what she's doing and helped her stand up properly.

"Sorry. It's just that you're supposed to call me nee-chan.... wait.... did you forget me?" Kazumo looked a her with puppy eyes.

"Of course I didn't. How could I forget that one person who's not only a hot head but also loud mouthed. I only know a certain red head." Kazumi gave her a closed eye smile.
"Let's get back home, I'm sure you're hungry."

"No, I'm—" Kazumo got interrupted when her stomach growled as she blush in embarrassment.

"See that? Even your stomach's much more honest than you." Kazumi chuckled.