Chapter 119: Corpses

Kazumi sighed unsheathing her sword as she break the ice before putting it back and fully entering the room. The doors behind her instantly closed shut as if not wanting her to come out after entering. The demon then stood up holding his fans with such a carefree smile on his face.

'Oh, so it's upper moon two this time.'

"With how long I've been eating, seems like it's already morning outside I suppose." He said walking to the edge of the wooden bridge on the other side.
"How ridiculous for a child like you to be here.

"Yes it is. I entered here when the sun's already rising up. And besides, aren't you quite cheerful?" Kazumi complimented him which he just giggled off.

"Funny how you say that to me. Let's see, if you accept being turned into a demon, I won't eat you but if you don't, then I'm really sorry. Oh! I nearly forgot, my name's Douma!"

"I'm Kazumi and.... sorry, don't wanna."

And just that, Douma appeared right in front of her attempting to grab her by the neck in which she dodged by jumping away to the other bridge where he was from. Seeing this, it's as if they just switched places. Douma turned his head to her still with his fake smile holding his fans before opening the one to his right.

"You're quite fast. I wasn't expecting you to dodge that at all." He then lifted up his arms to his sides.
"Now lemme see more. I'll let you attack first this time."

"Alright."

And to their surprise, right after her words, her sword has already stabbed through his left hand into his eye making it bleed. He has a surprised look on his face before he moved his right arm swaying his fan that made Kazumi jump back to the bridge she came from dodging his ice lotus.

"That's really fast. I planned on blocking it but I obviously failed, how embarrassing for an upper moon like me." He then twitched a little as he held the left side of his head as black crack-like patterns appear on his skin.
"Oh how amazing! You hold a normal katana yet I believe you still depend on poison."

'Well, he's not wrong. I don't often use a breath style but just simple poisoned slashes. I can't help it though, I save my energy up since I got lots of things to do.'

"But it's understandable. With your body size and a height like that, you don't have enough arm strength to decapitate a demon." Douma stood up completely absorbing and decomposing the poison in his body.

'Um.... now that's where he's wrong. I do have enough arm strength to decapitate a demon.'

And just that, Douma jumped to her as he moved his fans in front of him in which she dodged by jumping back again. She then put her sword back to her scabbard before jumping towards him this time. But as he swung his fans again to her releasing ice lotuses, she jumped up then landing on his right open fan before leaning forward down to his face. He moved his arm again for an attack but she already disappeared in front of him.

"She looks like she's toying with him." Obanai said.

"I think not. For me, it's like she's observing him by letting him attack first performing his blood demon arts. As if she's looking for a proper opening before she gets herself to make one if there's nothing." Shinjuro replied watching her closely.

And just that, she sprinted towards him from behind releasing several slashes towards him which are a total of four slashes that reached him as blood stained the bridge. And as he swung his fan aiming at slashing her, she stopped as she stood behind him. Blood poured down the bridge.

"This fan of yours is quite fancy. Isn't it?" She praised as he look at her.

He then looked to his right and saw his right hand missing. This obviously surprised him but at the same time, changed his carefree mood.