03 • Mentors/Mentees

"That little fucking bastard."

"You've been going at it for hours now. Shut up." Mitsuya groaned for the umpteenth time, balancing the numerous plastic bags of fabric looped around his arms as Baji continued to grumble profanities while slurping his soba. Not only did the captain of the second division have to endure Mikey's clear obsession with the green-eyed stranger, but Baji also made it his problem and Mitsuya was forced to listen. To make it worse, the fabrics were fucking heavy.

At least the evening breeze was bearable in comparison to the afternoon heat. Mitsuya didn't want to think about enduring whatever he had to endure today when the sun was blazing without mercy.

"Oi, Mitsuya," Baji suddenly called out, shutting up mid-ranting to point at something. It took Mitsuya exactly two seconds to squint his eyes and groan. Shaking his head, he looked at Baji with something he hoped was close to begging.

"No."

Of course, he wouldn't be Baji Keisuke if he listened. So, Baji grinned, shoved the empty peyoung package in the trash can, then bolted across the street, Mitsuya chasing after him with numb arms that were more than ready to fall off.

"Yo! Snake guy's lil sis!"

The look the redhead gave them wasn't one of amusement. She lowered the huge camera Mitsuya was sure was worth more than his entire electronic possession, and tilted her head to the side. "You're not Nanane's friend 'cus he doesn't have any." Well, that was harsh. "So...the guys from that gang, right?"

Damn, just how antisocial was that anonymous green-eyed boy?

"Tokyo Manji Gang's first division captain, Baji Keisuke." He crouched down to her eye level, grinning so widely that his longer-than-average fangs were glinting. "What's yer name, kid?"

"Mirai."

"Nice to meet ya, kid."

"Why ask for my name if you're not gonna use it?"

Dropping his shopping bags, something he would surely regret later, Mitsuya crouched beside Baji. The little redhead was glaring at them, failing in her attempt to look intimidating, so Mitsuya smiled. "Mitsuya Takashi," he introduced himself with the tone that was usually used to calm his little sisters whenever they were having a tantrum. "Where's your brother, Mirai?"

"Nanane came home looking pissed off, dropped Marseille off, then went to his internship."

"Internship?"

"At Hokkyokusei. He interns there in exchange for a scholarship at Polaris Academy." Except that Polaris Academy was a private school owned by Hokkyokusei and the internship was just an excuse for Reina to visit the main office and meet Anggita, her chosen CEO.

For someone with a backstory like Anggita's, Mirai was honestly surprised she suggested building a school. But the money they could get was good, so Reina told her to do whatever she wanted. Then again, the school did end up being a huge source of income, and it was beneficial for Tosei Nagarei.

"Your bro must be really smart to get a scholarship at that school." Mitsuya whistled, knowing damn well that elite school was one reserved for the rich and smart, as well as the foreign. "So, what're you doing here alone? Won't your bro be worried?"

Mirai didn't know the details, but she supposed the fact that the school became popular and considered elite just a year after its establishment spoke volumes of Anggita's skills and Hokkyokusei's influence.

"Marseille is with me." As if on cue, the snake popped out of Mirai's collar, hissing at the boys who flinched back, causing the redhead to roll her eyes. "He's not venomous. He doesn't even have sharp teeth. The worst thing he'll do is break your bones but even that won't happen 'cus he's very nice. Right, Marseille?"