110 • Reunion

Who knew Kazutora took a gap year just so he could be in one grade with Baji? Certainly not Takemichi.

Did he get into a huge fight with his mother over that, admittedly stupid, decision? Well, now Mirai has a housemate to occupy the empty room and play video games with, and Kazutora was happy, so everybody counted that as a win. Plus, Harui, who couldn't move to Tokyo due to his job, agreed to fund his studies as long as Kazutora promised to take care of Mirai in Reina's stead.

Ah, Reina.

"The fuck d'ya mean you came back?!" Was the first thing Kazutora shouted at him, gripping his shoulders to shake the wailing time leaper as if he was a rattle. They should be glad the room was empty sans for them. "And what the fuck d'ya mean Rei is the trigger?! The fuck happened to Rei?! Oi, Takemitchy! Answer me!"

"Kazutora-kun, he can't answer you like that."

"Oi, knock it off!" Whacking Kazutora upside his head, Baji pulled him away from a dizzy Takemichi, though that didn't stop him from shooting the time leaper a glare. "And you, explain what happened 'cus the last time we saw Rei was around a year ago, and she tried to fuckin' kill us."

Reina did what the fuck now?

"She tried to kill us and no, we're not joking," Chifuyu repeated for good measure, patting Takemichi's shoulder. "I'll spare you the details, but she attacked us former Toman members with a knife—"

"Two knives."

"Two knives," the youngest blond amended with a roll of his eyes because that little detail wasn't important, Kazutora. "And nobody, not Baji-san or Draken-kun, not even Mikey-kun. Nobody could stop her." He gripped his left upper arm, phantom pain throbbing from where he knew the scar from her dagger was. "She told us that if we ever get in her way, she'll ruin our future in every way we can think of and more. That Rei...I dunno what happened to her, but she changed so much that even thinking about that day scares me."

Because the Reina from that day had eyes that were dead, lacking any shine in them. Chifuyu had seen those eyes once, and it was when she broke down after committing that carnage on that goddamn cruise. Only, she wasn't breaking down into tears, but attacking them with the intention to kill.

Then, there was this unpredicted turn of events. Not only did Takemichi time leaped by ten years instead of twelve, but the trigger this time was Reina. What the fuck happened in the future for things to end up like this?

Takemichi proceeded to explain what happened, from how happy everyone was to how bright and perfect the future seemingly was. Then, he retold them about the news, the woman with the red earring, Nehan and their crimes, and the woman who led it. Takemichi explained how Kazutora helped him find Reina, though he admitted he was reckless considering he got kidnapped by the executives of Japan's number one criminal organization. Then again, Takemichi didn't regret it since he did get to meet Reina.

Then, Reina killed herself in front of him again.

"She asked me to save her." Clenching his fists, Takemichi unconsciously teared up again. "Rei, she...I need to save her." He didn't know how he would do that as of yet, but he would figure it out on the way. Just like he always had. "By the way, what's going on with her right now?"

Takemichi didn't feel assured when the trio glanced at each other.

As it turned out—because Takemichi woke up extremely confused and couldn't grasp the fact that he was currently a high schooler yet—Takemichi didn't only share one school with the Mizo Mid gang, the former trio of the first division, and Hakkai—no, Takemichi wasn't jealous with how much the former second division vice-captain had physically glowed up in just two years—but he was also one school with none other than Suou Aizen.