144 • Overwhelmed

Reina has been thinking long and hard about what she should do with Kisaki. Her first thought was, of course, to kill him before he became a problem. But that thought was immediately dismissed because while Kisaki was a danger, it was only because he was her enemy. If that was the case, then she simply needed to turn him into her ally.

As Ryujin's leader, she was the king giving orders to the other chess pieces because the situation demanded a king to replace Mikey. But with Mikey still in the picture, she could become the player controlling the flow of the game. But either way, she still needed to collect chess pieces.

And Kisaki was the perfect queen.

"Everything here is too simple."

Takemichi and Harui told her that Kisaki was in love with Hinata to the point of obsession, but Hinata rejected him. Thus, he killed her. Reina had laughed at the incredulity of the situation back then, which made Takemichi swing his fist at her. But now that she was here, she couldn't find the situation funny.

Six months of joining the same cram and elementary school as Kisaki, and she must say, she now understood why Kisaki fell in love with Hinata. The girl was bubbly and kind even in the other timeline, and Kisaki was too smart and quiet for the other kids' liking. Thus, he was isolated and badmouthed. In such a place, Hinata was like a ray of sunshine, and Reina supposed it was inevitable to fall in love with the sun.

She wondered if he had seen the moon though.

After destroying Mikey's pride, she had confirmed that he was still alive and kicking even after the thirtieth of July, throwing a tantrum while looking for her. Of course, Mikey wasn't the only one looking for her. With her farewell, Shinichiro went as far as asking his friends to look for her, so she was now hunted by the entirety of Tokyo's delinquents.

That didn't matter. Reina had already moved onto the next phase of her plan, which was stopping Kisaki. After this, she would have more time to leisurely gather her people. But for now, her days were spent finding a surefire way to prevent Kisaki from being her enemy.

Victoire said I should seduce him. She only told Victoire how she wanted a boy obsessed with a girl to stop being obsessed with just one girl and see the bigger picture, so she didn't know how Victoire could reach that conclusion. But the mere thought of becoming his friend already disgusts me, and I prefer not becoming the second Ryou as much as possible.

"Don't you think the normal people are too boring, Kisaki?" The boy finally glanced at her, and Reina leaned onto his desk. She knew Kisaki didn't like her. After all, he was always the first in class until she came along. "They dream of becoming doctors and teachers and whatever, but isn't that just boring?" She shrugged. "Well, I guess the common folks can only think that far ahead."

Kisaki prided himself in being a genius, and he loved it whenever someone considered him a genius, regardless of whether they were badmouthing or praising him. The same with Mikey, she needed to take a jab at his pride. But she needed to make sure that this jab would stop him from feeling obsessed with Hinata.

"You look like you've reached your limits too, Kisaki."

The bang of his palms slamming against the table had eyes turning towards him, and he quickly muttered an apology, sitting back down to glare at her. Reina merely smirked. Smart as he may be, Kisaki was always easy to aggravate. That was because he had never met another 'genius' in his short life, thus he thought himself special.

He was somewhat like Akise, Reina realized.

"Don't be offended by the truth, Kisaki. That'll be your first downfall." She turned her head, but made sure her smirk was still visible. "You see only what you wanna see, and you think only based on what you can see."