Bonus Chapter: Souya x Hiyori Special

"I find you attractive. Let's be friends."

Souya blinked, feeling heat crawl to his cheeks. He glanced at his twin beside him, but Nahoya only had that angry grin on his face. He turned to look at the other delinquents behind him, but they were simply looking at him with mischievous grins. He turned to the girl who had invited him over to this mansion, but she simply shrugged. Finally, he turned to the girl who had just proposed—it wasn't a proposal though.

"What?"

"I said I find you attractive," Hiyori repeated flatly, extending her phone with a hint of impatience. "Obviously, I can't hang out in Tokyo often and you can't go to Osaka often, but I still wanna get to know you better. So, let's switch numbers."

It was the last day of their stay in Akise's house, and Souya was not expecting himself to get semi-proposed. This isn't a proposal though. She just wants to be friends. Souya felt like he was a puppet moved on strings when he accepted the phone, typed in his number, and handed it back to Hiyori.

"Sweet." Hiyori flashed him a grin, shoving her thumbs up. "I'll text you later, Mister Blueberry Cotton Candy."

Nahoya was shouting some threats and Yukari was shoving forks up Nahoya's face, and the boys behind him were hollering and whistling. But all Souya could feel was the fog in his mind and he robotically made his way into the bus. He seriously didn't know what had just happened. It was only when the bus had departed, and Reina sat beside him did he snap out of his trance.

"Most of those kids don't come from happy families," she said out of the blue. "Some are orphans who got adopted, some are abandoned, and some are rescued from child trafficking." It wasn't like Souya was all that clueless about the truth behind Akise's big family. After all, they had been told bits and pieces when some of the less tactful ones asked.

"Hiyori and Yukari are blood-related sisters," she told him what he didn't know but had guessed. "Their parents died in an accident, and their aunt didn't wanna adopt them. They're not abandoned or anything, so they don't have a negative view of adults and marriage and whatnot. But most of the kids hate the simple thought of marriage and becoming an adult, and that kinda view is...adoptable, in a sense."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I want them to be happy," she answered with no hesitation. "Those kids don't believe in love or marriage, but they're slowly healing." Reina did reject the idea of romantic love and marriage for herself, but that was because she wasn't interested at all. Most of her cousins were interested, but they were blocked by their own doubts and fears.

"Hiyori said she wants to get to know you better." It wasn't a proposal, but it might as well be. "You don't hafta force yourself and you can just tell her if you're uncomfortable. I'm sure she'll give you space if you ask her to. But can you try being friends with her?"

It wasn't like Souya didn't want to be friends with Hiyori. It was just weird that Hiyori chose him, of all people, to be attracted to. Most girls would fawn over his brother's grin rather than his permanent scowl, and most girls would stay away upon knowing their status as delinquents, and Souya didn't mind that. Being a delinquent was his happiness, and it was his freedom. What others thought didn't matter.

"Why me?"

"Why not you?" Reina asked back, looking at him as if he was stupid for asking that question. "Hiyori's a person too, y'know. She can decide who she wants to find attractive, and she can decide who she wants to befriend." And wasn't that bizarre? Realizing that others could make decisions for themselves. "But if you're so curious, you can just ask her directly. You have her number, right?"