167 • Puzzle Pieces #1

"We need information."

Slamming his palm onto the wall beside him, Kisaki clicked his tongue. "Black Dragon and Tenjiku have been fighting each other, and they ended up picking a fight with us too. The problem is that Tenjiku seems to know almost everything about us, Black Dragon too. But we know nothing about them."

"Nyx's doing." Sighing, Mitsuya pinched the bridge of his nose. "She's not loyal to any gang, but she won't sell her brother's gang off. Even if she did, she'll report it straight to him. Plus, Black Dragon has Kokonoi Hajime, a money-making genius, and Nyx loves money."

"What the fuck is a Nyx?"

"Mikey!"

The exasperated groans and the echoes of his name came from multiple people in the room. That only served to further confuse Mikey because he seriously didn't know what the fuck a Nyx was. He had never heard of a female delinquent before, much less someone so infamous that his gang members spoke highly of her.

Gritting his teeth at the commander's confusion, Kazutora took a deep breath before saying, "The girl who beat the fuck outta you when you were a kid"—he ignored Mikey's indignant shout—"she's an infamous informant known as Nyx, someone who can get anything you want if you can pay her price. We often get information from her too, you goddamn dense motherfucker."

"Hah? You mean Reichin?"

Kazutora's shoes came flying in his direction as he screeched, "What the fuck kinda stupid nickname is that!? She's my sister!" Even if she wasn't technically his sister, Kazutora was still friends with Reina first. Yes, Mikey had met her first, but Kazutora was the one who became her friend first. That was something Kazutora would fight for no matter how much of a losing battle it would be. "Don't claim her as you please, you fucking asshole!"

"Oi, knock it off—"

"Hah? You wanna fight, Kazutora?"

"That's enough, you two!" Clicking his tongue, Draken was glad he was able to stop them from exploding into a childish squabble. "But Kisaki's right. At this rate, a fight will break out between the three of us, and we'll be the only one clueless."

Mitsuya nodded. "Yeah, and as much as I know some of us hate it, we need Nyx's information." He raised his hand before anybody could protest. "The fact is that there's no one more reliable when it comes to getting information other than Rei, and we have the upper hand since Kazutora, Baji, and Chifuyu are friends with her."

"Fuck you, Mitsuya." Kazutora shoved not one, but both of his middle fingers up. "She literally worships whatever stupid soup you made for her!"

"I swear I'm not trying to steal her away from you, you possessive freak!" It wasn't a competition on who became friends with Reina first anyway. Kazutora may see it as a competition, but Mitsuya simply viewed it as Reina having a huge connection network. But if he must turn it into a competition, then Mitsuya hoped Kazutora knew that Reina was part of the dragon triplet (unofficial) before she became his friend. "Plus, we all know she only gives discounts to you and Baji."

"Why do we even need her?" Huffing, Mikey raised an eyebrow at the incredulous looks he was receiving. "What? We can just beat both Black Dragon and Tenjiku up and be done with it. No amount of information can change that Toman's the strongest."

"This is our commander, everybody." Pinching the bridge of his nose, Mitsuya sighed for the umpteenth time in the past two hours. Then, with a smile and voice reserved only for his little sisters during their brattiest moments, he looked at his commander, beginning his explanation.

"Mikey, Nyx's information isn't simply about the members or numbers," he said almost cooingly. "If you ask her and have what it takes to pay the price, you can get personal information like family and school names. You can even get strategy counseling and decide who should fight who for a higher chance at winning." His smile dropped. "They say that her information can change the tides of a battle, and that's why people seek her out even though she demands a high price. Do you understand?"