41 • Party Time

He should've picked red. That way, his clothes would've, at the very least, matched his face.

"You look like a fuckin' fraud, Chifuyu!"

"The princess and the pauper! Hahahahahaha!"

"It suits you, Chifuyu—pfft."

"Shut up!" Chifuyu buried his face into his hands, his now black hair doing nothing to hide his red ears. For the future...this is all for the future. Bear with it. He gritted his teeth. Takemitchy, that fuckin' bastard. This is for the future, you dumbass! Needless to say, Chifuyu wanted to cry and scream at the same time. It was bad enough that his mother had fawned over him, but it was even worse to get laughed at by his friends. "Rei, are you done yet?"

"Finishing touches on her hair!" Came Anggita's response, followed by the sound of a very loud hair dryer and spray. "Be patient!"

"Her hair is short!"

"Extensions, you idiot!" Mirai yelled back without mercy, her voice booming louder than the assholes' laughter. Fortunately for him, it only took another five minutes for Reina to finally step out of the hotel room—seriously, what kind of hotel has a living room and three other bedrooms for someone who's not even staying for one night? Chifuyu would never understand rich people.

That being said, perhaps he did die out of humiliation and was reincarnated into a shoujo manga because he swore there were fucking sparkles and flowers literally twinkling around Reina as she stepped out in a glittery winter blue cocktail dress. Silver lace gloves and stockings covered the scars on her limbs that the knee-length dress and elbow-length sleeves couldn't cover.

"I know I'm pretty, but you guys don't need to stare." Tilting her head slightly downwards, Reina smirked. "Or is it the first time you're seeing a girl all dressed up?" Reina swept her curly extensions behind her shoulders. Her side bangs had been rearranged into full bangs with shimmering pearls dangling from her silver snowflake tiara. Honestly, all the silver-blue and white made her feel like an impostor. A black widow aesthetic would've fit her much better than the snow angel aesthetic ever would. At least Chifuyu looked like he matched his clothes.

Silver and blue could never make her shine better than gold and red could. But the goal today wasn't to stand out, it was to just be there. The clothes weren't so flashy or extravagant that they attracted unnecessary attention, which would be good in case she needed to sneak out. Chifuyu and her presence attracted enough attention, so she didn't need their clothes to do the same.

"Holy fuck, Rei! Is that you?"

"Who else would it be?"

"Damn, the princess and the pauper indeed."

"Ah, you mean Chifuyu's the princess and I'm the pauper, right?" Reina smirked as Kazutora shamelessly whistled. "Why? You wanna come too? I'm sure I can arrange clothes for three 'bodyguards' if you wanna come."

"Nah, not interested in eating snails." Kazutora had laughed when Chifuyu nearly threw up at the thought of having to eat escargots and scallops even though Reina had assured him they were fairly delicious and there was 'normal' food as well. "Have fun though! Stay safe too!"

"Please be careful, Rei, Chifuyu," Takemichi said as if it was a warning, eyes scrunched up in worry that had Reina furrowing her eyebrows. Sure, her stomach had been somersaulting all day, but she assumed it was just her nerves. But seeing Takemichi—no, not just him—even Baji, Kazutora, and Chifuyu shared worried glances at each other.

"Don't ever assume things, Reina. Act as if everything you think will and won't happen will happen."

"Hah." Of all times, Victoire's voice really gave her a sense of peace. "On second thought, I'll sneak in two knives after all. C'mon, Chifuyu, I'll give you some too."