157 • Tokyo Manji Gang #2

The cherry blossoms were beginning to die when Victoire visited her for the first time in a year.

"Children trafficking?" Akise frowned, a crease between his eyebrows as he listened to Victoire's explanation. "And by Shiki's men? I thought they were all dead."

"The rats aren't part of Hokkyokusei, but they're still rats, and rats are hard to exterminate." Victoire pushed her blond locks behind her, clicking her tongue at the situation. "Apparently, they thought Shiki's idea to make a human weapon out of a child was genius, so they tried to do the same to multiple children."

Reina pursed her lips. In the other timeline, Hokkyokusei has multiple children-only human trafficking rings, which were all forcibly taken down by her through death and massacre. In those rings, the victims were simply goods to be sold, not future weapons in the making. Her interference has caused quite an unpleasant change.

"The children were mostly kidnapped, but I found a lot who were sold and bought too." Sighing, Victoire leveled Reina with a solemn stare. "I've demolished every single one of them, and I've returned most of them home, but there are ten children who were deliberately sold by their families. Usually, I would simply return them to their countries and let the authorities take care of them, but these children are basically brainwashed soldiers."

"Do you have their names?" Anggita asked, already opening her computer and ready to research a solution. But Victoire shook her head, another sigh leaving her mouth.

"Their parents didn't bother to make a birth certificate, and most of them named each other in captivity, so I was only able to get a few full names." She proceeded to pull out a torn piece of paper filled with messy scribbles. "Theodore Smith, Eliana Sanchez, Anneliese, Elaine Angeline Lee, Julius Meyer, Alina Meyer, Dominic, Noah, Rozana Mikhailova, and Leo. They're all currently in one of your hospitals."

Her cousins. Reina could recognize those names even though they hadn't changed their first names or received the 'Shimura' surname, and her heart felt a pang.

"This is a difficult situation." Anggita pursed her lips. "Brainwashed children need rehabilitation, and considering how they went as far as to name each other, separating them may not be the best choice. Of course, we can't expect the authorities to take care of orphans as if they were their own children, and these kids need extra care."

It really was a difficult situation. Reina knew the present wouldn't be the same as it was in the other timeline, but she had hoped the changes to not be too bad. But as if being sold for cash and treated lower than slaves weren't enough, those kids had to endure being beaten and brainwashed into human weapons.

Even if they could somehow bribe the authorities to not separate those kids, giving them the healing, they needed would be impossible. Depending on the intensity of brainwashing on them, they might even become a criminal or a murderer. But all hope wasn't lost just yet. After all, Reina had him sought out for this purpose.

"I'll take them in." Every head in the room, including Reina's, turned towards Akise. "They need more than medical support. Those children need a family who can help them recover. Since their parents won't do their part, then I'll do it. Let me do it."

"Are you sure?" Harui furrowed his eyebrows. Yes, he knew Akise would and have taken those children in, but that was in the other timeline where those children were simply trafficked, not brainwashed into becoming weapons. "Akise, these children are different from your current children."

"I've always wanted a big family." Akise shrugged as if it wasn't that big of a deal. Then again, he had also said the same thing when he made the same offer in the other timeline. "You'll help me with the process, right?"