148 • Discord

"Are you sure you wanna watch?"

Clenching her eyes shut, Reina pressed her temples together and sucked in a shaky breath. She needed to get her grip together. This was no time to feel nauseous. If she wanted to join the fight and stop the Haitani brothers from getting arrested, she needed to get her grip together.

But was that really the right thing to do?

So far, she had technically saved both Mikey and Shinichiro. The last time she checked, Sanzu didn't have scars on the corners of his mouth, and Takemichi was getting along just fine with Mikey. The only thing she should be concerned about was Takeomi's lack of parenting skills, but Sanzu hating his brother and Takeomi picking favorites wasn't her top priority of things to fix.

But the point was that she didn't know what kind of payment the world would demand for messing with the original script like this. Reina had repaid her, Harui, and Mirai's existence by having Shiki killed, but what about Mikey and Shinichiro?

Was the curse truly gone just because she had turned the clock back to when the curse hadn't been planted?

"If you were to get arrested in the future," she said, wringing her hands as she made it a point to look at the ground. "If...if that happened, would you rather I stop you or bail you out or just leave you be?"

"Uh, what?" Furrowing his eyebrows, Ran smiled at Reina as if he understood what she was saying. "Do you have a fever, Reina?"

"I need to choose."

"Choose between having us arrested, bailed, or not?"

"Yes." She met Rindou's eyes unyieldingly, conveying how solemn she was. "It's a matter of karma and fate."

"Uh, okay?" Sharing a glance with his brother, Ran shrugged. "Honestly, not getting arrested sounds nice, but I heard there're a lotta interesting guys in juvie, so I kinda wanna see what it's like myself."

Oh, so this motherfucker has 'get arrested <3' written on his bucket list. That's nice to know.

"You know I won't ever let you get killed, right, Ran?"

"Uh...thanks?" Ran raised an eyebrow, feeling a little bit freaked out now. "Okay, Reina. I think you gotta tell us what's going on because you're really—"

"Max Maniac is here."

Instantly, the Haitani brothers looked down, watching as fuckers kept on appearing one after the other, forming a packed and disorganized circle with quite a big space in the middle, presumably for them to fight. It was funny how nobody even bothered looking up at the tree where the three of them were perched at.

"Anybody you fancy, Reina?" Ran asked as she adjusted the strap of her gas mask. "Just point at him and we'll turn the fucker into your bitch."

As she checked her hood to make sure her hair was tucked into her hat, and her hat into her hood, Reina surveyed the crowd. There was nobody important enough for her to note, as she had expected, so she shrugged. "Just don't go too overboard."

"No promise, sweetheart."

With that, the two brothers jumped off the tree, and they made sure to make a lot of noise. Expectedly, all eyes turn towards them, then towards Reina, who was now leaning against the trunk of the tree. She tuned out the jeers and cheers from the crowd, not interested in them since her focus today was the Haitani brothers.

Juvie sucked, that was a fact. Maybe the Haitani brothers didn't find juvie as dreadful as the normal teenager, but the fact remained that juvie was still prison, and in prison, there was no freedom to act as they pleased.