122 • Revival #1

"You know...I've worked really hard to protect you." In the sky above them, fireworks of different colors exploded like neon paint on a black canvas. "Seeing how reckless I was, I eventually got all kinds of people supporting me, and some even became my allies, which just increases the number of people I wanna save." Then, he stared at his uninjured palm. "Eventually, my hands became full, and I kept on making mistakes."

Clenching his hand, Takemichi pursed his lips. "But what I never managed to achieve, Reina did." He had gone back and forth in time, yet he had never succeeded. But Reina succeeded. "She saved all the people I wanted to save, and that's why I can't accept a future where she's the only one left in the dark."

He never wanted to see a future where Reina's eyes looked dead, where her skin lost its glow and turned dull, where the purple bruises under her eyes stood out more than her green eyes, and where there were red and purple marks all over her neck and bandages on her wrists. He never wanted to see a future where Reina would appear on television as a criminal he should look out for. He never wanted to see a future where Reina smiled as she ended her own life.

Two years ago, the day he saved Draken, the day he got beaten up by Kiyomasa before he beat him back, he had expressed how pathetic he was to Hinata. He had expressed how if he was even a fraction similar to Mikey, Draken, or Nagarei, then he wouldn't have lost so pathetically.

Back then, she had given him her first kiss, and said, "You're not Draken-kun, nor are you Mikey-kun. You're not Rei-kun either. Takemichi-kun is Takemichi-kun." He turned to smile at his girlfriend. "That day at the shrine, you told me that, remember?"

Chuckling, Hinata felt heat spreading over her cheeks. "Did I say something like that?"

Clenching his fist, Takemichi turned to look at the sky. "It's fine even if I alone am not enough. Because I am Hanagaki Takemichi!" He declared to the sky, to the fireworks, to Hinata, to himself, and to the person he wanted to save. "This time, I'll rely on others! Get them involved!" He wasn't Reina or Mikey or Draken, so he didn't need to fight their way. "To get Rei back to our side! I'll...this time, I'll make a team of my own!" He turned to flash Hinata a grin.

"The best team ever made!"

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

Feeling tingles running up her arm, Reina jolted, losing hold of her glass. The sound of shattering and liquid splashing had the people in the room snapping their heads at her. The water was quickly absorbed by the carpet, disappearing into a dark blob. But Reina was too focused on her palm.

"What happened, Reina?"

Outside, yet another firework exploded, rattling her from the inside. Releasing the breath she was holding, Reina lifted her eyes from her hand. It was on her to discard the headphones, so she only had herself to blame as she sucked it up. After all, gunshots would be part of her daily life, so she couldn't afford to freeze up at mere fireworks. Still, the tingles were irritating.

Sighing, Reina buried her face into her palm, dragging her hair back as she glared at the window displaying the show of fireworks as if it had personally offended her.

"I wish he'd just stay still."

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

It was almost Halloween by the time Takemichi was finally discharged from the hospital, which should've been expected with how Reina had used a gun and not just her fists. That didn't stop Takemichi from feeling as if he had just wasted a lot of time lying around and waiting to heal.

With enough time wasted in recovering, he needed to start gathering members for his team. Of course, there just has to be one guy he wanted on his team. One guy who was vital in his plans to win against the other player of this game.