180 • The Golden Mansion

"What in the rich gal is this?"

"It's a...house?"

"Shaddap, rich boy!"

"I feel like this has happened before." Aizen sweatdropped as he used the key Akise had so graciously lent him to open the intricate golden gates. "Which is weird because I'm pretty sure this is the first time I'm actually hanging out for more than five minutes with you lot, and in Akise's house."

"I also feel like I've been here before." Yuzuha whistled as the golden gates—knowing Reina, it was probably real gold—swung open to reveal a grass field that looked more like a forest than a garden. "Y'know, Reina's house in Tokyo is 'humble' compared to this. I wonder why she gave this house to Akise-san."

"In what world is Reina's house in Tokyo humble? It's bigger than my apartment!"

"You're part of the working class," retorted the son of the multi-millionaire. "Pehyan, if you've been to Pahchin's house, which I have no doubt you have, you'll see that it's way bigger than Reina's house. That's why her house in Tokyo is considered humble."

"Who gives a shit about her house? I just wanna know how big this fucking garden is!" Nahoya gestured wildly to the green field, where bushes of flowers and trees were beginning to be seen. "Is that a fucking fountain? What the fuck?"

Aizen sighed, continuing to walk through what Reina and Akise insisted was the garden. It had been two weeks since the 'Battle of the Legends' in that car lot, and Reina had spent the last two weeks being missing. Those were Mikey's words, not his. In actuality, Reina had gone to Osaka the same day the fight ended, along with Izana and her two boys, and the Haitani brothers too. Then, two weeks later, invitations to come spend the summer holiday in Akise's mansion were spread.

Anggita even had a bus prepared because it was, in her words, a field trip. Again, Aizen felt like this had happened before, but he never remembered riding a bus to Akise's house with a bunch of delinquents, so it must've been a weird feeling that would go away sooner or later.

"This is a good house, and it's well taken care of too." Of course, the invitation didn't only invite the admins of the gangs involved in that fight, but also the admins of the first generation of Black Dragon, and one Sano Mansaku. In fact, Reina sent the invitation to Mansaku, telling him to dump his grandsons at home and just bring Emma. It was a joke, of course, but Mikey wasn't one to ignore a joke like that. "As expected of my granddaughter."

"She's adopted."

"She's more of a man than you will ever be, Manjiro."

The word stabbed Mikey like an invisible arrow, and the laughter coming from his friends added venom to the arrow. Mikey scowled, stomping ahead of the rest like a child throwing a tantrum. He had to admit though, the house was grand as much as it was beautiful, and he hadn't even seen the house yet.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, Mikey huffed. It wasn't like he had anything against Reina. As much of a bitch as she was, Reina was still someone he would consider a friend, or even a sister considering how Emma and Shinichiro considered her to be. She also didn't seem to want something bad to happen to him or Toman even if she did arrange that fight. If anything, Emma and Shinichiro's assumption about her just wanting to be number one indisputably was valid.

But Mikey couldn't help but think there was more to her than she had revealed. Yes, it would make sense to chalk everything up to Reina just wanting entertainment, but it sure was a long and roundabout way to feel entertained. He didn't have anything against Reina, but he at least wanted to know what she was still hiding.

"MIKEY!"

Lost in his thoughts, Mikey didn't bother paying attention to his surroundings. That was why it took him off guard when a fucking horse—of all things, what the fuck?—appeared from behind a line of trees. The horse had its front legs raised high, neighing loudly as the person on its back pulled its reins.