27 • Bloody Halloween #3

"Outta my way!"

Reina was panicking. The worst-case scenario happened. Now that Mikey had been weakened and rendered unable to fight, Valhalla would use that chance to get rid of him. The fact that she hasn't seen Kisaki despite already circling the car lot was proof that he had been hiding for a chance to steal the spotlight.

He'll pretend to save Manjiro and gain Toman's favor. I'm gonna fail on my side of the deal. Argh. Fucking idiot. Reina cursed when one Valhalla captain began scaling up the pile of cars. She grabbed one random grunt and threw him over her shoulder, sending him crashing into the captain climbing the cars.

"I said get the fuck outta my way!"

Reina grabbed anybody wearing white and threw them towards their friends who were climbing the cars. The injury on her head, coupled with her already bad sight, caused her aim to miss a few times. But there were too many people after Mikey, so her crappy aim hardly mattered.

"Holy shit! He's taking down our guys with our guys!"

"Someone stop him!"

"Fuck! Get away!"

"Who cares!? We gotta beat the hit outta Mikey!"

Reina pushed one guy down by his head, flipping into the air. She landed on someone else's head and started to run, stepping on people's heads. She made sure to stomp on their heads with enough force to crack their necks along the way. Reina grabbed the back of their collars and threw them toward the ones higher than her.

Scaling the cars was easier than walking on people's heads, bless her parkouring and ballet training. She could see Kisaki and his division from her peripheral vision, close enough for her crappy eyesight to recognize them, which meant they were too close for comfort. All of them just stood around, waiting to steal the spotlight.

As if she would let that.

Reina grabbed another Valhalla guy and threw him towards a car dangling on the edge, barely hanging on. He crashed against the car, sending the car falling off the pile, and causing a few more cars to fall as well. It wasn't enough to take down the mountain, but it was enough to buy her some time to reach Mikey.

"Manjiro!" Reina grabbed his shoulders and shook him until his head rocked back and forth. She slapped his cheeks repeatedly, not caring that she would get scolded for her audacity. "This is not a time for a nap! Get up! Manjiro! The fight's not over yet!" Gritting her teeth, she shook him with more force. "I'll shove a fuckin' painkiller down your motherfuckin' throat if you keep on sleeping! Wake the fuck up!"

"Your boss's head is mine!"

"Fuck off!" Reina grabbed the poor idiot by his hair and smashed his face against a car's window a few times before throwing him towards another car at the far corner, not caring that she was slowly making the mountain crumble and bury the ones below it.

When Reina felt someone appearing beside her, she whipped her elbow, only to be blocked by the last people she wanted to see.

"The one who'll protect Mikey is the captain of the third division, me! Kisaki Tetta!" Kisaki ignored Nagarei, letting his vice-captain hold his elbow. His voice was loud enough for the entire car lot to hear, shifting all the attention to himself. "You should rest, Rei! You're injured!"

Kisaki glared at the snarling and bleeding Nagarei from his peripheral vision. He got past every single one of my men. Harui, the ex-Moebius members, over a third of Valhalla itself. He got past every single one of them. He's more dangerous than I initially thought. Kisaki felt his eye twitch. It'd be best if he's removed as soon as possible.