108 • Eleven Years Ago

Reina had three goals.

First, make her Black Dragon more legendary than the first generation. Second, create a good future where Takemichi would be satisfied and stop leaping through time and have the future he deserved to have with Hinata. Third, find out the truth about the 'darkness' and 'dark impulse' that seemed to have cursed her and Mikey. All in that order.

"With this, Black Dragon has conquered Kansai." Dropping the grunt whose name she didn't bother to remember—Kazuto, the back of her mind provided. He was leader of the biggest gang in Kyoto—Reina tilted her head towards the sky and sighed. "Hajime, can you take care of the aftermath?"

"Of course, Rei."

Pushing her hair back, Reina stepped down from the 'stage' the other gang had so lovingly prepared. Despite her reputation, some boys just couldn't stand the fact that she was one of the strongest delinquents in the country. Thus, they thought it would be a good idea to simply wager their entire gang in a one-on-one fight against her.

Well, all that worked in her favor worked in her favor.

"We should go after Chubu next," she said offhandedly. "I wonder if Shiki has a house somewhere in that region." Well, she has enough money to probably rent a hotel for her entire gang for a year, so housing wasn't that much of a problem. But this wasn't enough. Her gang members have their own families in Tokyo. She didn't mind scheduling a fight somewhere out of Tokyo, but making them stay outside Tokyo for weeks was a no.

She needed more power, enough to make delinquents all over the country fear her to the point they willingly came to her to stop her. She needed enough power to make the world move just by staying still.

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

"Why are you doing this?"

Tilting her head to the side, Reina raised an eyebrow at the beaten up gang leader. What was with that stupid question? It was obvious she was going around challenging gangs because she wanted to become the top of the top. What other reason could there be?

"You don't care for the number one position." The boy whose name she really didn't bother to remember snarled. "You don't care about winning or losing, much less becoming the number one delinquent. You always look bored. You always look like you're wasting your own time." He narrowed his eyes. "As if what you're doing right now is meaningless."

Blinking, Reina opened her mouth, only to close it again. He wasn't wrong. What she was doing right now wasn't meaningless, but it wasn't like it was beneficial in creating a good future. And it wasn't like she was one step closer to finding out the truth about the 'darkness' corrupting her mind.

"I don't mind losing!" He declared with his teeth bared into a growl. "But losing to someone like you! Someone who doesn't care! Someone who looks so fucking uninterested! Someone with no goals! I hate that! I can't fucking stand this!"

"I do have goals," she said monotonously, though her glare hardened. How dare he assume she has no goals? Her life has always revolved around plans and goals, however short or long-term they were. Even right now, her actions were simply the executions of her plans in order to achieve one of her many goals.

A clang echoed in the air as Izana bashed the guy's head with a trash can, discarding the now dented can somewhere behind him. He dusted his hands, rolling the joints of his neck as he planted his foot onto the guy's chest. "If you don't like it, then be stronger, you trash."

Lifting his head, he smiled at her, so sweetly as if there weren't splatters of blood smearing on his face. "The last influential gang in Chubu, the Golden Panther of Yamanashi." He kicked the unconscious guy away. "I guess this concludes our conquest on Chubu. Where to next, Reina?"