135 • Elizabetha Bloodbath #6

She felt it before she saw it.

The sinking feeling in her stomach that made bile claw its way up her throat. The way the hair on her skin rose like a warning. The light in the middle of the room, coming from the consecutive broken floors and ceilings, that seemed to shift every second.

The people missing from the lobby.

"LOOK OUT!"

Snapping her head upwards, her wide eyes went even wider at the sight of three falling glimmering blocks. Her body moved faster than her brain, and the next thing she knew, she was using someone's shoulder to leap. Her body twisted mid-air, kicking one of the blocks—a crystal. It was a motherfucking chandelier crystal the length of her leg—as high as she could, causing it to slam into the second-floor railings, breaking the wood and shattering into not-so-small pieces.

But she wasn't fast enough to do anything to the other crystals. The sound of shattering glass filled the room, followed by pained grunts and screams. Reina gritted her teeth. Her dagger was already pulled out to deflect the glass shards that turned into projectiles. But there were too many, and a flash of silver whirled at her.

Her head snapped back on impact, and everything turned dark.

゚❁.。.:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*卍*:・゚✧*:・゚✧*.:。❁

Throwing Mikey back to the ballroom floor, Izana ignored Kakucho's scream and let go of his grip. It was too late. The crystals would've shattered by the time he reached the lobby, and there was nothing he could do about it.

One crystal suddenly flew upwards, and Izana knew he needed to stop. His hand gripped a rod sticking out of the broken third floor. A hiss escaped his throat as his palm dragged through the rod, tearing the first few layers of his skin. Izana didn't even have the chance to be thankful he had gotten his tetanus shot because the other crystals shattered. Their shards flew in all sorts of directions hazardously. The hazardous moment couldn't have lasted more than half a minute, but it felt like an eternity with Izana just hanging there, frantically searching for Reina.

He let go of the rod, kicking the edge of the broken second floor so he could land in a crouch. The lobby floor was littered with glass shards, but Izana didn't give a fuck about the shards clinging to his pants. His only focus was on the girl lying on the floor, blood pooling beneath her head.

"Reina! Reina!" As he held her close to his chest, Izana could only stare, horrified at the vertical gash running from the corner of her lip to her left eyebrow. Clumps of her hair fell to the floor where another shard was embedded deep into the broken tile. As if the blood on her face wasn't enough, the shards sticking out of limbs, particularly the large ones piercing her left shoulder and right thigh, added more.

When Reina groaned and opened her eyes, Izana's horrification turned into burning fury because there was only one. Only one of her eyes was seeing him, and despite knowing it was hopeless, Izana hoped her left eye was only covered in blood and she could still see from it.

"Za...na?"

Her tongue tasted like iron, and Reina belatedly realized she was swallowing her own blood. The left side of her face felt numb, throbbing but numb, and she had experienced this feeling more times than she could count to know that her injuries must've been that bad.

Ignoring Izana's protest, she pulled out the shards sticking to her skin, spilling more blood onto the floor. She spat out the blood in her mouth, further staining the crystal shards on the floor. Her hand reached up to wipe the blood off her face, and that was when she realized the irreparable damage to her left eye.

Gritting her teeth, Reina cursed herself for being so fucking useless.

She should've known. She should've known the second she realized they were missing from the lobby. Izana and Mikey's presence demanded attention, so their disappearance was noticeable. Normally, she would've thought they had taken things to the second floor. But seeing as Kakucho and Takemichi, as well as Sanzu, were missing, she knew something was wrong.